if I have multiple issues I want help with...

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by qteallex, Apr 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. qteallex

qteallex Active Member

what do I bring up first?

do I just bring up the most important (imo) then bring up the rest later or do I spill the whole thing straight away?

I think getting help for anxiousness will b most beneficial but then that's ignoring the suicide thoughts and self harm and body image issues and stuff.
    I don't know, people seem to know about anxiety so it seems like a good start but I don't want to end up not getting help for anything else.

(I'm talking about going to a college counselor for the first time.)
  2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi there,

I think it is a great idea so see your college counselor, bring up all the issues lightly at first and talk about the most troubling ones for you first too and then work through them all. The counselor should be caring and compassionate, i wish you the best of luck.
  3. Butterfly

Butterfly Resident SF Sims Enthusiast Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

You tend to find that with someone who has multiple issues such as anxiety, depression, suicidal thoughts, body issues etc the cause for them all tends to be the same, it just manifests itself in different ways. A lot of the time when you seek help for one particular issue, it can help you deal with your other issues too. Going to your college counsellor is a good starting point, I hope it helps :)
  4. AsphyxiateOnMisery

AsphyxiateOnMisery Well-Known Member

I agree with Petal. Bring them all up, but talk about the one that bothers you the most in detail.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.