If you had a superpower what would it be?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm, good question. It got the mouse spinning on the wheel a bit...

I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to go with two powers here. The first would be the availability to make someone smile or be happy, no matter what they were going through or even just for a moment. To know that even just a moment of their life was spent with lips curved up instead of down. I'm already pretty good at that I think, but I wish I was better at it and had more opportunity. I'm also not a 'one size fits all' person, which hurts me a lot.

The second, would be having the knowledge of how to solve a person's specific suicide/depression problems, AND(here's the big one), HAVING THE OPPORTUNITY TO DO SO ON MY TERMS. After going through active suicide ideation/attempts for years, I decided this was going to be my mission on earth because when you are stuck in that it sucks really, really bad. No one good should ever have to feel like that ever. Yet many do, and that number gets higher everyday.

I also realize some problems are not 'meant' to be solved, which is frustrating as hell but also a given of life, for those of you who will/can understand that. My proof? Just look at any # of given problems in the world today and ask yourself? Is it really there is no solution, or do people just not want to do it? There's many answers/solutions people just don't want to hear, because it involves them being honest or doing something against the grain. But anyway, ya good question. thanks

Holding my breath

SF Pro
SF Supporter
I’ve always said the power to teleport. I seem to spend a lot of time rushing from one place to another. So being able to teleport would definitely be beneficial. However, time travel would also be good. I’d like to look into the future. I want to see if my kids are ok. I’d want to see if I ever make it out of this hole perhaps it would give me hope to know I finally make it. I would also like to go back in time to see what it was like before the depression hit. I can’t seem to remember what it was like not to feel depressed which is making it difficult to want to get better. I’m reaching my first year mile stone for my depression. I know that’s not a long time for some people on here but it was about a year ago that I crumbled and haven’t got up again since. So, I would say time travel as my super power of choice x

I’ve always said the power to teleport. I seem to spend a lot of time rushing from one place to another. So being able to teleport would definitely be beneficial. However, time travel would also be good. I’d like to look into the future. I want to see if my kids are ok. I’d want to see if I ever make it out of this hole perhaps it would give me hope to know I finally make it. I would also like to go back in time to see what it was like before the depression hit. I can’t seem to remember what it was like not to feel depressed which is making it difficult to want to get better. I’m reaching my first year mile stone for my depression. I know that’s not a long time for some people on here but it was about a year ago that I crumbled and haven’t got up again since. So, I would say time travel as my super power of choice x
Got to find one of those old blue phone booths... I personally would like the one from 'Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure', but we'd have to work on that weak antennae. Wow I spelled 'antennae' right the first time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00