Hey, I'm new here.
Don't think I knew this existed last time I felt like this.
My sister took her own life nearly 6 years ago. I struggled with mental health issues way before that, so when that happened, I totally fell apart.
I've been to an awful lot of therapy to try to process it all. And I've been doing ok, but recently just been feeling overwhelmed and started therapy again.
One thing that came up (again) is that I think I'm a bad person. That I'm not good enough. That I'm not worthy of love.
And everything that shakes me up in life basically just stems from the fear of being judged as a bad person. From the fear of being proved that Im not good enough.
My question is how do you change that? How do you convince yourself that you aren't a bad person? That you are good enough?
How is that possible when i couldn't save my sisters life? How is it possible to entertain the notion that I'm a good person, when I'm having thoughts that will essentially destroy my kids lives?
How am I anything but a bad selfish person?
How do I convince myself otherwise?
Don't think I knew this existed last time I felt like this.
My sister took her own life nearly 6 years ago. I struggled with mental health issues way before that, so when that happened, I totally fell apart.
I've been to an awful lot of therapy to try to process it all. And I've been doing ok, but recently just been feeling overwhelmed and started therapy again.
One thing that came up (again) is that I think I'm a bad person. That I'm not good enough. That I'm not worthy of love.
And everything that shakes me up in life basically just stems from the fear of being judged as a bad person. From the fear of being proved that Im not good enough.
My question is how do you change that? How do you convince yourself that you aren't a bad person? That you are good enough?
How is that possible when i couldn't save my sisters life? How is it possible to entertain the notion that I'm a good person, when I'm having thoughts that will essentially destroy my kids lives?
How am I anything but a bad selfish person?
How do I convince myself otherwise?