Last night my girlfriend of 6 years, who I love very much, tried to commit suicide after a long discussion about breaking up. She stormed out of my house and took off, threatening to kill herself, and I couldn't chase her because I have a bad leg from a recent accident.
I called her sister, who I dont get along with, and informed her of the situation in a plea for help. Her sister eventually took her to the hospital, and for some reason rallied her entire family against me and used me as a scape goat.
Her mom has tried to commit suicide twice in the last 7 years, and I'm frankly disgusted that such a bad parental example could have the guts to point the finger at me.
I'm honestly beating myself up over this, and I don't know why. I understand that she felt the she was unloved by ALL, because of OUR situation. She is loved by so many, and when we lost a fried to suicide last year, we held a massive N.A.M.I. benefit to increase mental illness awareness. After all we went through, she still make the cowardly, selfish decision to hurt everyone who loves her and do this, and they all blame me.
As much as I love booze and weed, it's obviously not going to make things better, and I dont know where to turn. I'm a musician, and I have to play tonite and put on my happy face for a crowd of people who don't know me. I don't know any details of the incident because her family wont tell me, and they claim they are filing a restraining order, even though the altercation that set the suicide attempt in motion was a totally typical conversation.
Someone please offer some good advice....
I called her sister, who I dont get along with, and informed her of the situation in a plea for help. Her sister eventually took her to the hospital, and for some reason rallied her entire family against me and used me as a scape goat.
Her mom has tried to commit suicide twice in the last 7 years, and I'm frankly disgusted that such a bad parental example could have the guts to point the finger at me.
I'm honestly beating myself up over this, and I don't know why. I understand that she felt the she was unloved by ALL, because of OUR situation. She is loved by so many, and when we lost a fried to suicide last year, we held a massive N.A.M.I. benefit to increase mental illness awareness. After all we went through, she still make the cowardly, selfish decision to hurt everyone who loves her and do this, and they all blame me.
As much as I love booze and weed, it's obviously not going to make things better, and I dont know where to turn. I'm a musician, and I have to play tonite and put on my happy face for a crowd of people who don't know me. I don't know any details of the incident because her family wont tell me, and they claim they are filing a restraining order, even though the altercation that set the suicide attempt in motion was a totally typical conversation.
Someone please offer some good advice....