I'm depressed, in debt and I eat...A LOT.

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Azphel, Nov 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Azphel

Azphel New Member

I saw this forum here today and thought I'd share my eating disorder.

I've been overweight my whole life, currently I am 259 lbs. Although I was 263 lbs a few weeks ago so I know I am stepping in the right direction now, I just need to maintain my focus and keep at it.

I like to eat a lot, lots of junk food, lots of fast food. After eating a big meal I feel sick and guilty for it. When I was a kid I used to hide food in my bedroom and eat late at night because my parents always got all over my case about it.

Now my boyfriend gets on my case about it, more so about the spending I do on fast food. I knew it was wrong and I needed to stop but I just kept doing it and I hid it from him too. I'd get fast food when he wasn't home and I'd make sure to throw away the bags before he came home from work.

But when I went from 230 lbs to 260lbs in less than 2 months I knew I had a serious problem that needed to be fixed. I have been trying to maintain some self control now and also have looked into changing the way I eat.

My boyfriend and I have made a team effort to go gluten free and to avoid as much processed food as possible. It's hard, I will say that much and we are certainly not perfect at it, we still eat a frozen pizza every once in a while, but ever since we started eating more fresh veggies, fruits, home cooked meals with chicken and turkey (getting them without nitrates too), and healthy grains like brown rice I can honestly say my body feels better. I have more energy and my whole digestive system seems more regular and happy now. No more weird stomach gurgling or painful diarrhea. The weight is slowly coming off and that's fine, I came to terms with my body image a long time ago realizing I'd be a bigger curvier gal for probably my whole life. But that doesn't mean I can't be a healthy curvy girl!

I just want to say it's definitely possible to change bad habits. I am working on it myself and I hope I even get to the point where I will start to exercise on a regular basis.

2. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Azphel, thank you for an inspiring post! Congratulations on the efforts you have been making and I'm glad you are seeing results! I am a "comfort eater", but have been trying to do more fruits, veggies, and whole grains. I have found lower calorie desserts (a great frozen yogurt) and pretzels instead of cheesies. But I need to work harder at it and you have offered me the light at the end of the tunnel. :smile: And congrats to you again!

3. Azphel

Azphel New Member

Thanks Acy. It's taken me a really long time to finally just say no and put a stop to eating all the garbage that I do. It's just so available and so easy to get, but it's also expensive and starts to add up a lot and I am already in debt so I don't need more of that!!

I think I am more of a boredom eater and sometimes a comfort eater, I don't really know for sure.

I still need to get my butt in gear and keep at it because I have fallen off the wagon way more than once already these past few weeks. I probably would have lost more weight if I hadn't, but oh well. Just have to keep trying. It really is just about lifestyle eating change and eating differently. =)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.