Im going to the doctors later

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vale

Hello, This is my first post. I'm going to see my doctor later today. I have plans on killing myself today. <mod edit - methods>. I am visiting my GP as a last ditch effort for my son. If they don't help me that will be it. What can help can the doctor really give me? Is it even worth going to see him?

Last edited by a moderator:

the black raven

Yes, it will be worth the effort. Everything you do to help yourself is going to be worth well. No matter how much you think how worthless yopu are to your family, it's not the same for your family. Kids who don't have both parents usually have a bad life. Drugs, fights, drunk, smoking, etc.... Kids who have both parents are usually healthy. For me, if I have a kid, there will be no me. My life is irrelevant, it is about my kids, not me. No matter how hard life is, I will survive for my kids. At least till he have his own family.... Finding a GP is like finding your true love. Not every Doctor can help you. You just need to find the right person....if ur current GP can't help you, find another. If the next can't, find the other. When you find a good doctor, it will worth it, I promise. Please do so not for yourself. I understand the pain, it's scary yet tempting, but don't do it. Fight harder, not for yourself, but for your son. I don't know what causing you all of this pain, and I understand it really well. Most of us do.... I'm still struggling too, but I will live. You must too.

Anyway, you cannot write methods here, because it is harmful for some people here, this is suicideforum.com for a reason, and many people here are vulnerable.... I hope you well :)

Again, don't give up.

JmpMster

Owner Emeritus
Yes - if you are honest with the Doctor and make cear how depressed and desperate they may be able to help - if you lie about it and play it down then then you will not get as much help as you need. It will not be help that when you walk out of Doctors office you will feel fine and happy - anymore than going for a broken leg would your leg be healed when you walk out- it is to get a first look at what is wrong and begin figuring out how to treat. It likely has been a long time to reach this point for you - so expecting the Dr to fix it in 20 minutes is not reasonable.Expecting him to listen if you are clear on how bad things are and discuss a course of treatment or way to begin treatment that you understand is reasonable.

undercoverlover

both dead and alive until somebody opens the box
it will be so very helpful. dont lie about how youre feeling -- be very open. this way, youll be able to get the best help you can. they will not be able to fix your problems as soon as possible, but they can talk about inpatient treatment (meaning you would be placed in a psychiatric ward where you would have help, treatment, and peer support), or intensive outpatient (meaning you would go through your daily work/school and then go to the psychiatric ward for therapy and peer support). they may also talk about med changes or starting you on meds, but when you are seriously suicidal and having thoughts of harming yourself, they usually go with hospitalization.
i know its scary, but its for the best! dont be afraid of hospitalization -- it can actually be a pleasant experience that can get you back on the right track. getting where you need to be takes a long time, too, but it is worth it in the end. hold on <3

flowers

I know I am late in responding. But I hope you were very honest and forthcoming in info and plans. That way the doctor can know that you absolutly do need help. I am very close to someone who ended up in hospital for being quite suicidal. She was given very good help and is doing so much better. I hope you can begin to get the help you need. The most important thing though is pure honesty. Hold nothing back.

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Hi, if you are still with us(and I hope you are), please let us know how you got on at the doctors, also remember anti-depressants take some time to kick in, there is no magic cure x

I think seeing a doctor can be a big help to you. Please don't give up. Talk to us if you can. You said this was your first post. We are still here to help you.

Yes, please go see the doctor with an open mind.
Those who truly want help would go see a doctor because
they are looking for a fix..

I just made an appointment with a random doctor..It costs me money
since I have no insurance but I didn't to see a doctor before I
decided to give up.

See a doctor, please...He might change your mind, even if temporarily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00