I'm Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've struggled with severe depression for almost 5 years now....I don't know what to do anymore. I take meds, go to therapy, try and engage myself. I cut myself. I don't hang out with my friends. I used to, but I never do anymore, and if by some chance I do, I don't actually do anything. Help?

Ringo

Can you maybe talk to any of your friends about how you feel? Sometimes sharing your problems with others can help.

twc

that sounds hurtful. sometimes peers are not so good at helping each other with emotional problems if they are not going through the same thing. what about your therapist? is there any understanding there?

solutions

If I'm understanding you correctly, you've been in treatment for a long while, but traditional treatments aren't working.

Well, I do have one thought I think is worthwhile. If you still suffer from depression, one effective method of treating it is ECT. Which, by the way, is not that bad. It gets a lot of stigma and most people don't even know how to picture it, but it remains the most effective and fast-acting form of treatment there is, and it's not frightening at all once you're actually there. Sadly, it still gets a lot of stigma, and is wrongly considered a "last resort" treatment. Have you considered that as an option?

to some extent yes, but this is my fourth one so im tired of talking to professional after professional. idk i just get so irritated with all the same questions and responses to my answers every week

twc

yeah, i've been through many therapists myself.

it sounds like nobody is really getting you and understanding you. that's a scary place to be.

well thats good, im glad ur friend is able to help you, its nice to have somone. i lost that person and tried to find another but i cant ffind someone who actually helps or really understands

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$50.00
Goal
$255.00