I'm Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

neemo

Im seeing a counselor for the first time tmrw and im bloody nervous. :( been very depressed and ive neva told any1 about this before....I dont know how I will talk to him/her :hiding:
what is it like? im just worried i wont be able to explain my situation :(

total eclipse

SF Friend
Staff Alumni
Hi hun first off the therapist will direct the conversation hun It will probably be more an intake information visit You don't have to worry hun they know how to talk to people and read people Just relax be yourself okay If possible write down what you want to say hun and hand it to councillor okay that way you don't have to talk she will read it hugs

Speedy

Staff Alumni
Good luck, neemo. I know it can be hard to open up. Maybe it will take time for you to develop more of a trust and rapport with the counselor, or maybe you two will click immediately. Usually, in my experience, the first session is sort of like a time where you can ask the counselor any questions you have for him/her. Plus, he or she can gauge or evaluate where you are at emotionally (just to start getting to know you better). Hugs. :hug: ~ Alex

neemo

lol yea...i think im more like embarrassed and have always been a private person. But thanks guys hope it goes well :) xx

Growing Pains

I was very nervous the first time I saw one, as well. I spent many of my first sessions writing opposed to actually talking. It really did help me to feel more comfortable. I was big on drawing back then, too, so I was told that if it helped me feel comfortable, I could draw, as well. Just, if there's something that would make you feel more comfortable such as writing, don't be afraid to ask if it's okay. First session usually is the easiest. Like total eclipse said, mostly information intake. Good luck. I certainly hope everything goes well, as well.

twofeet

You said you wouldn't be able to explain your situation. Well, you won't, on the first day. That'll take a little time. So enjoy the chance to actually talk to another human being who is interested in listening to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$135.00
Goal
$255.00