im not sure if this is abnormal

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Michellekoilover, Aug 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Humm.. well, hello
    im not sure if this is normal or not, since i have been like this for quite a while now (10 years maybe)
    I eat generally once a day.. sometimes two, many times nothing.
    I dont even get hungry, and if i do, i know it will pass away in minutes.
    Sometimes i try to eat like a normal person but I hate feeling full, is makes me want to trow up, i have always been fat -not pretty at all- and people kinda like to let me know they think im TOO fat, specially my so called family ...so when they do, it makes me regret anything i already eat...
    i dont trow up, hate to do it, prefer just not eat at all...but lately i keep feeling dizzy or almost passing out, can anyone help me?

-sorry about the bad english, my native languaje is spanish-

2. meaningless-vessel

meaningless-vessel Well-Known Member

Your English is not bad.

As for people not eating/eating infrequently, it is more common than many of us would like to admit, making it less likely to be abnormal.

Is there any particular reasoning that you can remember starting to be like this?

3. I do try my best to write.. thanks :)

Srly? Didnt know that, since anyone i know is like that...

Yes, i clearly remember what started all this.
    I was kile 11, i was getting back from last day in school and my mom was packing -i didnt know why- a couple hours later she just say "im goin on a bussines trip, will be back tomorrow night"
    I didnt really care, since it was normal for her to do that, it did worried me the next day when i tried to open the front door. It was closed, and there werent a key anywhere.. when i got hungry at noon, i discovered there were only one can of olive on the fridge and on canned ham... so yeah, i though "its ok, she will get back in no time"
    But oh surprise... she didnt got back in two weeks. I was running just on those disgusting thins (i cant even smell them now).. and water. When she finally got back, she didnt even say something.. she just keep on like nothing happened, I, of course, eated EVERYTHING i could the next days, and of course, i got sick for it.. i havent eat normally since then..

4. FrainBart

FrainBart Staff Alumni

It is common for people not to eat 3 meals a day (I myself struggle with two)

However from what you have written, it is quite understandable as to why you can't eat as much as what is conceived as "normal".It sounds like your body is preventing you from needing to eat as it had done when you were younger. A way of coping with itself.

Perhaps instead of eating until you are full, eat only half as much as you would to make you full, just so that you spread your intake through a day
    EDIT: so If 2 slices of toast would make you full in the morning, only have 1, if a full sandwich fills you at lunch make one using only 1 slice of bread etc.

5. Everyone always tell me how weird i am, so it kinda like a surprise for me to read is common, like you and the furst user say..

I did though that once.. but i keep thinking that maybe im just over reacting, that is stupid for me to act like that or something, that i can be normal if i force myself..
    Im trying that, but i keep getting sick.. when i eat even just a little bit.. i feel kinda bad.... like i did something wrong, im still trying though.
    im goig trough something else too.. you can se the post on the crisis forum to understand a little better

thanks for taking your time to reply

6. flowers

flowers Senior Member

Hi Michelle
    I think your english is just fine :) I read the story about your mother and how you didnt have enough to eat. This is a very sad story. so painful. Of course i can see why you began eating more after that. It does make sense.

From my expereince, I think the goal may be to think of the body as an engine. And the engine needs fuel to run properly. If it does not get enough fuel / food, the muscles can get weak. The main thing people notice is dizzy. I think its important to be careful because of the heart. It is important to keep the heart muscle in good working condition.

7. SilverDoll

SilverDoll Member

I think we can all agree that not eating can make you dizzy and faint. But I think another thing we need consider is a anemia (low red blood cell count). Anemia is very common among women (i'm assuming you're a woman from you screenname) due to blood loss from menstruation and lack of iron in diet (from not eating enough). I'm not sure if you're comfortable talking to your doctor about not eating but I think you can talk to him about the possibility of anemia. If it's proven through a quick blood test he can prescribe some iron pills. *note: you can overdose on iron so don't take more than prescribed!!

I'm so sorry about what happened to you when you were younger. Hope you get better. *HUGS*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.