• IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Please read THIS THREAD about a rebrand for SF.

I'm scared this depression won't stop.

UrbanRose

Well-Known Member
#1
I'm scared. I'm depressed, and it got worse when I woke up this morning. A lot worse.

I already started threads about this. So this new thread is a continuation, but what made me start it is how much worse I woke up today.

I'm afraid I can't make it through this time. I have no intention of harming myself today. Yet, if this keeps up, I'm afraid I can't stand it. Then what do I do?

I didn't think I could get this bad. I believed that, as long as my physical health was reasonably okay, I could never get so low that I would try to escape through dying. I didn't think mental pain could be as bad as getting some dread disease, where you die in agony. Right now, even, I'm thinking this is not that bad.

If I were with other people, I would not feel this bad . . . if I were talking with someone . . . mainly about whatever they wanted to talk about. I like to listen.

I live alone for the past 4 years. I was making an effort to chat with neighbors. Now I fear stepping outside my front door. I'm afraid I'll break down sobbing, if a neighbor talks to me. I don't know them well enough for that. I don't want to get labeled as the crazy lady in the front apartment.

Maybe this will ease up. If I could just conjure up a vision I could believe in.

I just got a call from a crisis hot line. I called them yesterday. They wanted to call me back today. The counselor was nice. They seem to believe I'm in bad shape. I don't want cops at the door. I don't want to be locked up either. So I was careful about what I said.

I'm a little better now, probably from taking my morning hydrocodone an hour ago.

I would be grateful, if someone who ever really ran out of hope and recovered could tell me how they did it. I wish everyone a good day. I'ld settle for just getting further away from hell.
 

Livelife

SF Supporter
#2
I'm scared. I'm depressed, and it got worse when I woke up this morning. A lot worse.

I already started threads about this. So this new thread is a continuation, but what made me start it is how much worse I woke up today.

I'm afraid I can't make it through this time. I have no intention of harming myself today. Yet, if this keeps up, I'm afraid I can't stand it. Then what do I do?

I didn't think I could get this bad. I believed that, as long as my physical health was reasonably okay, I could never get so low that I would try to escape through dying. I didn't think mental pain could be as bad as getting some dread disease, where you die in agony. Right now, even, I'm thinking this is not that bad.

If I were with other people, I would not feel this bad . . . if I were talking with someone . . . mainly about whatever they wanted to talk about. I like to listen.

I live alone for the past 4 years. I was making an effort to chat with neighbors. Now I fear stepping outside my front door. I'm afraid I'll break down sobbing, if a neighbor talks to me. I don't know them well enough for that. I don't want to get labeled as the crazy lady in the front apartment.

Maybe this will ease up. If I could just conjure up a vision I could believe in.

I just got a call from a crisis hot line. I called them yesterday. They wanted to call me back today. The counselor was nice. They seem to believe I'm in bad shape. I don't want cops at the door. I don't want to be locked up either. So I was careful about what I said.

I'm a little better now, probably from taking my morning hydrocodone an hour ago.

I would be grateful, if someone who ever really ran out of hope and recovered could tell me how they did it. I wish everyone a good day. I'ld settle for just getting further away from hell.
I would also like to have answers to your questions about no hope and being afraid for similar reasons and how to recover. I'm sorry you are in this state and I'm glad the medication today helped a little.
 

iloverachel

No longer suicidal after 8 years of depression
#3
Hello my friend,
First of all I am sorry for the amount of depression and pain you are in. It sounds truly awful what you are going through.

I can't promise you that your depression will go away, but from my personal experience with 8 years of severe depression it did go away, so I think it is possible so please don't give up hope

Best wishes
 

UrbanRose

Well-Known Member
#4
Hello my friend,
First of all I am sorry for the amount of depression and pain you are in. It sounds truly awful what you are going through.

I can't promise you that your depression will go away, but from my personal experience with 8 years of severe depression it did go away, so I think it is possible so please don't give up hope

Best wishes
Thank you. I'm glad to hear you found a path out of depression. After 8 years, recovery must have been sweet. Maintaining recovery is work.
 

UrbanRose

Well-Known Member
#5
The scared feeling simmered down for a while, but it's back now.

I get scared when it's this late in the afternoon and I'm still vegetating. It's another day down the drain.

I need to not stay alone like this. I see no way to get any fast fix. I sent a text to my psychologist, which he might not even get for a few days.
 

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$45.00
Goal
$255.00
Top