I'm too sad to go on. miss my daughter

Jude

Yes, it just means we aren’t professionals, just sufferers who can support each other. We all need professional help as well

Lindamy

There are long waiting lists for mental health in my state. It's a big mess.

I hink I'll curl up in be bed with my puppies. that helps sometimes.

Aprilflowers7

Are you sure you aren't having some sort of medical condition? Perhaps what your daughter had is genetic and you are having some sort of actual medical problem. Not all fast heart rates are caused by anxiety. I would see your regular physician first and then go somewhere else. I was diagnosed with arrythmia which means my heart rate beats faster than normal. My heart rate used to go up to 180 beats per minute before my open heart surgery. I almost died when I was a baby and think about all the people who are fighting for their lives right now when I do good things for people that helps me as well although I start by doing small things like saying "Please" and "Thank you." Like yesterday I donated some change to a children's hospital that is near me. Maybe you should talk to someone who is going through a similar experience that your daughter went through. That might help you feel better.

Lindamy

puppies are nice and give good hugs. thr problem is that I havr been in this bed for 3 years since Chell died. I lost 35 pounds. I cant sleep and i feel terrified all the time.
Are you sure you aren't having some sort of medical condition? Perhaps what your daughter had is genetic and you are having some sort of actual medical problem. Not all fast heart rates are caused by anxiety. I would see your regular physician first and then go somewhere else. I was diagnosed with arrythmia which means my heart rate beats faster than normal. My heart rate used to go up to 180 beats per minute before my open heart surgery. I almost died when I was a baby and think about all the people who are fighting for their lives right now when I do good things for people that helps me as well although I start by doing small things like saying "Please" and "Thank you." Like yesterday I donated some change to a children's hospital that is near me. Maybe you should talk to someone who is going through a similar experience that your daughter went through. That might help you feel better.
My daughter died of cervical cancer

Lindamy

I don't have a regular doctor. Every time I visit the clinic there's a new doctor there. And they don't care very much about what's happening to you in 3 months theyll be gone.

Lindamy

They every one say they will help me get grief counseling and not one has done it. They say someone will call to make an appointment and nobody does. Nobody cares about anybody in our new world of healthcare.

Lindamy

I feel so low today. I wish I had a friend to talk to. I'm afraid I have driven everyone away from me. I'm worried about my other kids.

They every one say they will help me get grief counseling and not one has done it. They say someone will call to make an appointment and nobody does
If you are in the US or Canada, you could try calling 211 or visiting 211.org

They should be able to help connect you with healthcare, and in particular help you to find some grief counseling

If you'd like to try acupuncture or traditional Chinese herbal medicine, POCAcoop.com has a list of community acupuncture clinics in the US

Lindamy

I have taken Cymbalta for years for depression and it works. But the anxiety which has been so bad for 3 years since her death is just too much for me anymore. I can't take it. I stopped my medicines one by one to see if the anxiety got better. And I felt that Id rather feel depressed than like I was about to be killed or jump off a cliff or whatever terrifying thing you can think of, 24-7. I didn't stop my heart meds but i stopped the steroid shots in my back for nerve pain. I'd rather be in a wheel chair than feel that way. Stopping the Cymbalta has made me depressed but the anxiety is gone.

MarvelFan

Vanity of Vanities
I am sorry with the loss of your daughter to cancer, I can't even imagine I hope you are ok and you are taking the right meds now or that you are doing better without them.

I have taken Cymbalta for years for depression and it works. But the anxiety which has been so bad for 3 years since her death is just too much for me anymore. I can't take it. I stopped my medicines one by one to see if the anxiety got better. And I felt that Id rather feel depressed than like I was about to be killed or jump off a cliff or whatever terrifying thing you can think of, 24-7. I didn't stop my heart meds but i stopped the steroid shots in my back for nerve pain. I'd rather be in a wheel chair than feel that way. Stopping the Cymbalta has made me depressed but the anxiety is gone.
@Lindamy: First let me say I am so very sorry for your loss.

When you stopped taking your meds, did you quit each one cold turkey? That in itself could have caused some of your anxiety symptoms to worsen. Many psych meds have to be decreased very gradually or else they cause symptoms like you describe.

Please, if you see this, post again and let us know how you are doing.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00