i'm wearing thin

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by SilhouetteOfADancer, Dec 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SilhouetteOfADancer

SilhouetteOfADancer Active Member

Doctors don't find anything wrong with me, but i'm unstable, my moods shift rapidly or settle to extremes for long periods. my way of coping with my moods is focussing on my compulsive behaviours, so that just fuels another fire. i feel like my whole life is falling apart because i can't be there for the ones who need me, can't take care of myself and can't cope with the things that i need to do. it's all just collapsing down to a theatrical dive at the end when my whole existence falls like Saigon. what the hell do i do?
  2. katrina77

katrina77 Guest

Have you seen a therapist, or are you talking about medical doctors? If it's a possibility, I'd seek another opinion from another doctor.

I understand a lot of what you are saying. I have a lot of people who depend on me, and I just can't do it right now. Which of course leads to some crushing guilt on my part. Makes it worse, because I feel not only depression, but pressure to get better yesterday.

I think first we need to give ourselves a break. We have to take care of ourselves first, so we can be there for others. Finding the right doctor, taking care of ourselves physically (the right foods, sleep, supplements, meds if necessary) is the first step. Giving ourselves permission to put our needs at the front for now.

I hope you can find a doctor who can give you some better answers for what you are feeling. And don't hesitate to talk to us, and let us know what we can do to help.
  3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hun like said find a doctor who will listen ok who will help you either through therapy or meds to get on a better path hugs
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.