In Memory of Jimk

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by SillyOldBear, Apr 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SillyOldBear

SillyOldBear Teddy Bear Fanatic Staff Member Safety & Support

It is with considerable sadness that I announce the passing of JimK. I talked to Jim on the phone a few times, and met with him once. I knew he lived nearby. I did some research, found his address, and drove out there. The neighbors tell me he passed away suddenly a few days ago. Apparently of natural causes. John, aka Zoomies is now in his mother's care.

I would suggest, that a good way to honor Jim, would be to continue the morning Cafe posts. Whoever is available can start the post for the day.

Jim, thank you for all you shared with us, and did for us.

:thankyou:

2. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

tragic news... who will start our cafe post? Miss him already.

3. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

Thank you for looking into this for us she bear and for taking the time to care.

Jim was a friend and a caring person, and I believe that he would appreciate the cafe being continued - perhaps Jim's Cafe 14th April etc as a small tribute for somebody that helped so many here and in other places while still working on his own challenges like all of us. We will start a thread in Loved and Lost for Jim of course as well.

4. Kairo

Kairo Well-Known Member

:( I can't believe this. RIP Jimk..I didn't know you very well, but you did a lot for people here.

5. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Jim, thank you for being you. Lots of lessons on being joyful and and about "living" not just existing. RIP and keep listening to the music, hun! :arms:

6. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

i will miss him greatly we were friends on another forum and i brought him here
    i knew he would be safe here dam i am glad he got to be with people who truly care about him RIP Jim

7. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

I considered Jim one of my close friends, we talked on the phone several times a week. RIP Jim, I'll never forget the fun times, the jokes and laughs we shared. And I think continuing the cafe each morning as Jim's Cafe is a great idea and a special way to honor his memory.

8. flowers

flowers Senior Member

speechless. Just speechless. What a sad day

9. MisterBGone

MisterBGone Well-Known Member

What the heck?..

10. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

This makes me really sad to hear, and I didn't even really know Jim. it will be strange not seeing him here, since he was such a big part of this site. It will be much different without his presence for sure. RIP

11. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

Sorry to hear of your passing Jim, thank you so much for the hug you included me with a week ago. You will be sorely missed by all of us here, God rest your precious soul :sorrow:

12. Raven

Raven Guest

Silence,

13. Mr Stewart

Mr Stewart Well-Known Member

Ah, I was begin to suspect this was the case. Even in past times of personal emergency for Jim, he would always pop in to say hello and give updates on how things were going.

Jim was my friend. I think maybe he knew more about me than anyone I had ever met in person. His kind words helped me through more than a crisis or two. I will miss him.

So fare thee well, my friend. And best well wishings to his son John and ex-wife Katie during this time and in future. :star:

14. Growing Pains

Growing Pains Well-Known Member

I have memories - although vague and fleeting these days - of him posting the cafe threads here every day. For many months while I was very active, I read about his day. Even though I never spoke to him, it feels strange to think he's gone. RIP Jimk. What a very sad day..

15. windlepoons

windlepoons Well-Known Member

So sorry to read this, JimK was a wonderful presence here. Hope that his son and ex are coping OK.

16. FrainBart

FrainBart Staff Alumni

Oh jim, I will miss you greatly, I hope you really are resting peacefully

17. meaningless-vessel

meaningless-vessel Well-Known Member

Now you're free to have as many of those Marlboros as you like lol..

Humour aside - Free from pain - but as the saying goes - Gone, but not forgotten.

18. Butterfly

Butterfly Pokémon Master Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

I'm absolutely gutted to hear this. Thanks for being you Jim, loved our little rants and vents. You will be sorely missed. :hug:

19. troubledprincess

troubledprincess Well-Known Member

Im so sorry to hear this sad news rip jim ù will be missed

20. lost81

lost81 Staff Alumni

Jim you are star. Thank you so much for everything you did for us and for helping me get off the ciggies. Would still be now if not for you. Wont ever forget you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.