• IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Please read THIS THREAD about a rebrand for SF.

Empathy and Advice Welcomed In the event where I need to, how do I force my parents to get better?

AnHeroTransGirl

Well-Known Member
#1
I'm so glad that it's theoretically possible to have both advice and empathy now in a thread like this. My parents have started another pointless argument tonight. Both of them have alcohol problems every once in awhile, CPS hasn't done anything in the past. Sure I could just "save up to move out" but
1. It's not possible in modern day
2. I don't want to abandon my sister and leave her with these two if they have a spat.
As a result I want to force them to not be terrible parents, so far the only ideas I have are nondescript corporal punishment, "do it or I'll break this expensive thing you like" or having my girlfriend and her family to come over to give said nondescript corporal punishment. My parents act on emotion and therefore are too stupid and incapable to navigate a lawyer. I do not believe will sue me when they still see me as their kid. I will not accept any passive options as they will not work. Police unfortunately have not worked either.
 
#2
I'm sorry your parents have problems with alcohol. I think there's a group called al-anon for family members of alcoholics. They might have some advice about what to do.
 

AnHeroTransGirl

Well-Known Member
#3
I'm sorry your parents have problems with alcohol. I think there's a group called al-anon for family members of alcoholics. They might have some advice about what to do.
Like advice for me with what to do or do I take them there? Because if it's the latter, my father only went there once and never again.
 

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$15.00
Goal
$255.00
Top