Insecure about my weight

I knew from when I was about 7: I need to stop. But I can’t. Whenever there is food in the house, I sneak down and eat it. I’m gaining weight, now at 56kg for a height of 1,59m, and I have a huge fat donut around my belly. It’s starting to show when I take my shirt off in the changing rooms at football practice: I’m fat. The others look at my belly and laugh. I weigh myself every day and I’m slowly gaining weight. I want to stop eating junk food, but I simply can’t. I do not have the willpower...

Bloop

River Lea by Adele
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Gotta have one of those days when you just say that tomorrow is the day when it all changes and then follow through with it. It is very tough at the beginning though. Have you ever been in this situation before where you were able to lose weight after putting on? If so, what worked for you then?

Charlene

SF Supporter
Hey, 56 kg for 1,59 m is completely normal. sorry that others are bullying but well, maybe the standards are a little screwed?
We have a good subforum on bullying, maybe this could be of help for you.
Is 26 your real age?
Hope you find support on here. Hang in there and dont give up.

Woowoo

SF Artist
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Like Supernova said, 56kg is a perfectly acceptable weight for that height. You are not overweight and I'm sorry that other people are being mean to you about it.

However, if your weight is bothering you, it wouldn't hurt you to lose a few pounds (not too many though) and get into some healthier habits. You can get support here to help you. Each month we have a thread to talk about weight loss, exercise and healthy living and we encourage and support each other. Here's a link to this month's thread :

https://www.suicideforum.com/commun...estyle-weight-loss-exercise-challenge.152536/

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Hi there, I am sorry people are looking at you in that way, everyone has flaws so no judgement should be passed and here at SF none certainly will be. That is why we have this part of the forum too, to help us in all aspects of our lives. 56kg sounds about right for your height but maybe try toning exercises to reduce the ''donut tummy''. Like @Woowoo said we have a healthy eating thread here all year round and you can gain lots of support there. Well done for speaking up, i hope talking about it helped you to get it off your chest. *hug

Gotta have one of those days when you just say that tomorrow is the day when it all changes and then follow through with it. It is very tough at the beginning though. Have you ever been in this situation before where you were able to lose weight after putting on? If so, what worked for you then?
I mean, I only lose weight after football practice, and it’s not that big a difference from my normal weight. I eat a lot, so I put the weight back on right after.

I knew from when I was about 7: I need to stop. But I can’t. Whenever there is food in the house, I sneak down and eat it. I’m gaining weight, now at 56kg for a height of 1,59m, and I have a huge fat donut around my belly. It’s starting to show when I take my shirt off in the changing rooms at football practice: I’m fat. The others look at my belly and laugh. I weigh myself every day and I’m slowly gaining weight. I want to stop eating junk food, but I simply can’t. I do not have the willpower...
46CA5E4F-83CC-48AB-8B31-DB767D3AAAA6.jpeg
See? (Sorry, by the way, if this image is inappropriate in any way, I don’t really know if the rules have a specification for this but maybe it’s just an unspoken rule... I’m bad at those.) Anyway, here it is. I mean, I can get why they’re laughing. But how do I stop gaining weight?
P.S. Just read Petal’s reply, I’ll try that. I do 20 sit-ups when I wake up, just you know, for a little extra exercise. I’ll see what kind of toning exercises I can do, thanks for the tip! :)

Hey, 56 kg for 1,59 m is completely normal. sorry that others are bullying but well, maybe the standards are a little screwed?
We have a good subforum on bullying, maybe this could be of help for you.
Is 26 your real age?
Hope you find support on here. Hang in there and dont give up.
It is not, I just decided to choose an age at random (since I didn’t want to reveal my age, in case there were trolls/paedos.) I see this community really is a great one, and that everyone helps each other out, so I guess I can reveal it. I’m thirteen.

Charlene

SF Supporter
Glad you like it here. Doing a little sport regularly is a good idea. And if school mates are bullying you def should seek for psych help. Coz problematic eating or being a little overweight is one story. To be laughed at Gor physical appearance is another one and leaves scars on your soul.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$50.00
Goal
$255.00