• IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Please read THIS THREAD about a rebrand for SF.

Insomnia

Jezah81

Well-Known Member
#1
My insomnia is driving me insane ! I can barely move in the day , 4 hours sleep max , heart palpitations , hot flushes whats happening to me? I have no peace in bed or out of bed. I can rest in peace. I feel I'm going to end it soon if this keeps going for longer . What can I do ? Please help
 

Bergerac

Well-Known Member
#4
Yes. Only melatonin and cbd oil was advised. Neither have had any effect on me. Next week I have another appointment with a new dr to get the stronger version of cbd oil with thc. It's pretty much medicinal marijuana. Somehow I don't think anything will work.
Let me know, Jez. Thinking of you. xx
 

Windhover

meandering home
SF Supporter
#6
Onlly 'do this' type of thing that works to keep sleep steady (for me) is exercise.
What messes it up is 1., if I don't realize I'm dehydrated, and 2. too much carbohydrate, especially sugar.

Hope that helps. I hope you can get your sleep back @Jezah81 .
 

Jezah81

Well-Known Member
#7
Onlly 'do this' type of thing that works to keep sleep steady (for me) is exercise.
What messes it up is 1., if I don't realize I'm dehydrated, and 2. too much carbohydrate, especially sugar.

Hope that helps. I hope you can get your sleep back @Jezah81 .
I can't exercise because of my joints. I'd love to do my martial arts again everyday if I could. I don't eat much carbs and sweets anymore .I do drink plenty of water though like almost 2L a day
 

Windhover

meandering home
SF Supporter
#8
@Jezah81 I'm sort of mortified I said that about exercise. I should've remembered that you can't. Forgive me for that.

A friend of mine finds they sleep better if they take a magnesium tablet before bed. I dunno if it's a real thing or acting as a placebo though. I've read that magnesium glycinate is lacking in most of our diets, and that it's vital for the brain and muscles to function - perhaps one of our pros here can chime in on this. It was prescribed for me when my depression and si got very bad.
 

Jezah81

Well-Known Member
#9
@Jezah81 I'm sort of mortified I said that about exercise. I should've remembered that you can't. Forgive me for that.

A friend of mine finds they sleep better if they take a magnesium tablet before bed. I dunno if it's a real thing or acting as a placebo though. I've read that magnesium glycinate is lacking in most of our diets, and that it's vital for the brain and muscles to function - perhaps one of our pros here can chime in on this. It was prescribed for me when my depression and si got very bad.
I take the powdered version in a glass of water . Magnesium glycinate exactly that. Pure nonsense. Does absolutely nothing except make the supplement companies rich.
 

Livelife

SF Supporter
#10
My insomnia is driving me insane ! I can barely move in the day , 4 hours sleep max , heart palpitations , hot flushes whats happening to me? I have no peace in bed or out of bed. I can rest in peace. I feel I'm going to end it soon if this keeps going for longer . What can I do ? Please help
There is a thread initiated on August 2, 2024 by Flamingo Wrangler. It's called Insomnia Welcome to Team NoSleep. Several of us have this challenge.
I've had it now for 4 years because of some other medical problems. Go take a look and see if there are any suggestions for you that you haven't tried yet.
If you want to talk in more detail you can message me too.
Sorry you are dealing with this. It changes things in so many ways in how we are able to show up for ourselves and how we feel.....
 

full

SF Supporter
#11
Yes. Only melatonin and cbd oil was advised. Neither have had any effect on me. Next week I have another appointment with a new dr to get the stronger version of cbd oil with thc. It's pretty much medicinal marijuana. Somehow I don't think anything will work.
Have you tried Seroquel, Trazodone, Remeron, not giving fuck so body takes its course and adjusts cyrcadian rythm on its own? During detox I was given clonidine for hot flashes, it worked.
 

Livelife

SF Supporter
#12
I take the powdered version in a glass of water . Magnesium glycinate exactly that. Pure nonsense. Does absolutely nothing except make the supplement companies rich.
There are many types of magnesium. Like 10 or so that have different functions and effects...And some do not work for sleep assist at all. Magnesium glycerinate form is frequently suggested for sleep issue and doesn't cause any laxative effect for most.
It also comes in a liposomal form with some companies which is supposed to be utilized by the body better. I've tried it too.
And in a topical application there is a liquid form. Also some essential oils people find helpful. Applying them to the bottom of your feet or lavender is gentle enough to put on a cloth or Kleenex near your head like on the nightstand or even a drop on a Kleenex and put under your pillow (it can leave a stain so I don't use good pillowcases with this idea.

The old saying about some warm milk before bed has some validity for some people...Calcium and Magnesium in cow milk...both these minerals work better together if taken at the same time.

I've tried several different cbd companies and no results for me with these. But no THC in them either.

I'll post a picture of some things. Just some ideas and others have more ideas on that thread I mentioned. IMG_4741.jpeg
 
Last edited:

Livelife

SF Supporter
#13
There is a thread initiated on August 2, 2024 by Flamingo Wrangler. It's called Insomnia Welcome to Team NoSleep. Several of us have this challenge.
I've had it now for 4 years because of some other medical problems. Go take a look and see if there are any suggestions for you that you haven't tried yet.
If you want to talk in more detail you can message me too.
Sorry you are dealing with this. It changes things in so many ways in how we are able to show up for ourselves and how we feel.....
@Jezah81 .....Have you spoken to a doctor about the situation and you didn't mention how long it's been happening but it sounds like awhile? There are So many different reasons for insomnia. I hope you find a solution soon.
 
Last edited:

Livelife

SF Supporter
#14
Yes. Only melatonin and cbd oil was advised. Neither have had any effect on me. Next week I have another appointment with a new dr to get the stronger version of cbd oil with thc. It's pretty much medicinal marijuana. Somehow I don't think anything will work.
the melatonin just gave me weird dreams if I drifted into any sleep period during the night. Then I read that the dosages usually used and mg amounts that get sold were too high, even 5 mg, and that actually 1 or 2 mg only were supposed to work better. So I bought children’s melatonin tablets because they came in that level dosage and tried small ranges for several weeks. I still didn’t respond to it although the weird dream state stopped.
I hope the additional thc into the cbd is successful for you
 
Last edited:

Jezah81

Well-Known Member
#15
There are many types of magnesium. Like 10 or so that have different functions and effects...And some do not work for sleep assist at all. Magnesium glycerinate form is frequently suggested for sleep issue and doesn't cause any laxative effect for most.
It also comes in a liposomal form with some companies which is supposed to be utilized by the body better. I've tried it too.
And in a topical application there is a liquid form. Also some essential oils people find helpful. Applying them to the bottom of your feet or lavender is gentle enough to put on a cloth or Kleenex near your head like on the nightstand or even a drop on a Kleenex and put under your pillow (it can leave a stain so I don't use good pillowcases with this idea.

The old saying about some warm milk before bed has some validity for some people...Calcium and Magnesium in cow milk...both these minerals work better together if taken at the same time.

I've tried several different cbd companies and no results for me with these. But no THC in them either.

I'll post a picture of some things. Just some ideas and others have more ideas on that thread I mentioned. View attachment 70381
Thanks for all the suggestions . I've tried most of those things besides the lavender oil which I'll give a go maybe put some on my pillow . The magnesium glycinate i take is the NOW brand in powder form I take it twice a day, it hasn't helped at all. You're right about the melatonin giving weird dreams , that's all it does to me, I dream for about 2 to 3 hours and wake up. Maybe I should stop taking it? I have passionflower tea chamomile tea and vervain tea and Valerian tea. NONE of it works unfortunately. I have pretty bad memory loss from the years of no sleep. My maths times table has become very bad. I forget things easily , I drop things frequently too. I feel like I'm losing my mind and I'm scared that this will end me soon
 

Jezah81

Well-Known Member
#16
There is a thread initiated on August 2, 2024 by Flamingo Wrangler. It's called Insomnia Welcome to Team NoSleep. Several of us have this challenge.
I've had it now for 4 years because of some other medical problems. Go take a look and see if there are any suggestions for you that you haven't tried yet.
If you want to talk in more detail you can message me too.
Sorry you are dealing with this. It changes things in so many ways in how we are able to show up for ourselves and how we feel.....
What section of the forums is the insomnia thread posted in?
 

Survivorist

Black sheep of my family....
#18
Melatonin? Here, you can buy this in the supermarket. I mean, insomnia is bad - unsupportable. I checked and what people use normally are
But whatever is prescribed to you - be very careful. Please do not fall into the trap of dependency. Its easy to sleep with these, but its very, very difficult to get out again. As any medication - once you get used to it, it will have the reverse effect when you stop. So, only once or twice a week would be good (if you can).

Being physically exhausted to the point when you can no more is the best way to sleep, - a natural reaction. I walk my 12 - 14 KM and when coming home - I sometimes fall asleep just like this, even without noticing it. I do not even hear the phone ringing....
 

Jezah81

Well-Known Member
#20
Melatonin? Here, you can buy this in the supermarket. I mean, insomnia is bad - unsupportable. I checked and what people use normally are
But whatever is prescribed to you - be very careful. Please do not fall into the trap of dependency. Its easy to sleep with these, but its very, very difficult to get out again. As any medication - once you get used to it, it will have the reverse effect when you stop. So, only once or twice a week would be good (if you can).

Being physically exhausted to the point when you can no more is the best way to sleep, - a natural reaction. I walk my 12 - 14 KM and when coming home - I sometimes fall asleep just like this, even without noticing it. I do not even hear the phone ringing....
I'd like to even walk 100 metres without being on pain! Not gonna happen with my knee and Achilles pain unfortunately
 

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$45.00
Goal
$255.00
Top