Internet addiction problems

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by OutCaste, Nov 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OutCaste

OutCaste Well-Known Member

i think I got a serious problem. i spend hours on the internet forums, making many fake profiles and posting trash/stupid messages to annoy people or just to argue with them (to boost my ego, I guess since I'm a very big looser in real life). Just to get reactions out of people and out of myself, I have been visiting racist websites portraying as something I'm not. I'm not a racist but I guess I've nothing at all left in my life but to chat bullshit all the time just to keep my mind away from the depression and all the tension. I hate myself so much that I trash my own race and religion. I feel intense self hate when I post these messages. This is the only place where I show my true self. my quality of life totally sucks. no friends or social circle, i want to avoid people at the same time becuase of my shady past. my family considers me useless. i cannot hold on to jobs because i have horrible inter personal skills. if i lay off the internet, i don't know what else i can do. theres nothing to do at all in my diseased and sick life.

2. CAD

CAD Well-Known Member

There was life before the internet and there will be life long after. Exercise is traditionally effective in releasing pent-up anger and frustration, as are creative activities such as writing, drawing, painting, music, construction etc. Obvious remedies really. But if think the problem is deeper, you should probably see a counsellor. Cognitive Behavioural Therapy is good for unrooting and correcting dysfunctional thought patterns and ideas.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.