Intrusive thoughts have returned

Status
Not open for further replies.

MommyOf1

I'm almost 5 months pregnant now and off of all of my medicines. I was doing pretty good outside of the crying spells which, the doctor attributes to hormones but recently, I'm having thoughts of harming others. At times, I worry that either I will hurt my daughter or someone else is plotting on harming my daughter and it consumes me.
I was diagnosed with depression and anxiety almost 20 years ago and I was diagnosed with bipolar depression a few years ago. I've googled my thoughts and supposedly, they're attributed to OCD which I was never diagnosed with.
Anyone have any coping tips for these thoughts?

I've never had to deal with those kinds of thoughts @MommyOf1 , however I went through a period were I couldn't stop thinking about revealing things about my ex to her family and other people she had relationships with, that would have crushed her. The way I got through it was to catch myself every time I had a hateful though about her, and just say to myself "You're better than that" Didn't always feel it, and some time went straight back to what I was thinking, but I would then say it again and again until I stopped having that though. I found this greatly decreased the actual amount of time I thought about them, and over time the frequency also steadily declined.

I also saw the below posted on here, so when trying to go to sleep if those thoughts came, I'd just repeat the moon phrase every time my thoughts went were they shouldn't so that it wasn't the last thing I thought of, and in the morning , depending on the weather, I'd go with either the sun wind or rain one if that thought popped into my head to try and stop it being the first thing I though of for the day. I know it probably sounds really hoky, and I've never been one for any sort of positive affirmation, but just catching myself and using it to make me focus on something else broke the habit and did me the world of good.

May the sun bring you energy by day
May the moon softly restore you by night
May the rain wash away your worries
May the breeze blow new strength through your being
May you walk gently through the world and know its beauty all the days of your life.

afterlifepig

i don't have ocd but i have another type of intrusive thoughts that is more like tourette's syndrome. i agree that affirmations help a lot.

Yo I feel this I really feel this I can't give any medical advice other to see a therapist if it gets really bad. I've. never seen one myself and I probably won't I jus fight thru it. Ya gotta remember the fact it bothers you is good it means you won't act on em ya get what I'm sayin? Remember that. They're jus thoughts. Play some music distract yourself stay busy and they'll fuck off.

LMJ

I have had OCD most of my life I was put on prozac after my 3rd child was born The OCD Progressively got worse thru subsequent pregnancies For some reason pregancy makes everything worse Hang in there try to see a therapist for your bi=polarity if youre not already and OCD Unfortunetly they didnt let me take anymore prozac until after my pregnancies were finished Good Luck

LMJ

I have had OCD most of my life I was put on prozac after my 3rd child was born The OCD Progressively got worse thru subsequent pregnancies For some reason pregancy makes everything worse Hang in there try to see a therapist for your bi=polarity if youre not already and OCD Unfortunetly they didnt let me take anymore prozac until after my pregnancies were finished Good Luck
i know I Went thru hell with strange thoughts affirmations sound like a good thing to chase bad thoughts away

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00