invisible man

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Null, Jan 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Null

Null Well-Known Member

I don't know how to describe what I want to say. I guess sometimes I don't know if I'm real, or I'm a construct of someone or something. Its really funny sometimes. I try to hard to ask for help sometimes, but its like no one seems to hears me. I don't want to call hotlines and take up resources for someone who could use them, but I feel like I need to talk to someone to validate my existence. I guess this stuff isn't working out. Its funny, I thought trying to talk about it helped before, but I must have been confused. Its certainly not helping now. I'm invisible, I have no voice.

If you feel invisible, please post your story.

Please don't post comforting comments, only stories.

2. Tmacster1

Tmacster1 Well-Known Member

I'll try not to post anything to comforting but about a recent story that happened to me.

I suffer from suicidal thoughts - and mild depression episodes that result in so much drama. My mother committed suicide 7 years ago causing me so much emotional distress. 2 years ago when I was 16 I almost killed myself because no one was listening to me or even cared... They didn't know how to help me they just want me in a mental institution... They still do today - however I'm here and managed... I fee invisible sometimes when my family don't come and comfort me like they should. Well, at least some of my family have been helping me... However at times I feel utterly alone and no one wants to help. So, I can share your feeling of having no voice. Stick in there and stay strong. I tried to explain it as best as I can. I'm a very friendly person and hate to see others suffer.

Trevor,

3. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

That's so weird, I feel exactly the same way sometimes. Like I don't really exist or I might be a ghost or something. I often wonder if I'm invisible or I live in a world away from everyone else. I think that it might have something to do with depersonalization or derealization, which are conditions where you feel like you don't exist or the "real world" is not real. Well I hope this confirms that you exist, either that or we are both invisible, lol.

4. Tmacster1

I don't think you two are invisible :) But it's the people around us that don't seem to care or seem to look at us like we are visible - but they think were invisible. Sometimes I do because I get lonely or feel alone.

Trevor,

5. Witty_Sarcasm

I guess that does make sense, it's almost like I need to feel validated by someone to remember that I'm alive. Some days I feel like I'll just disappear and no one would notice.

6. darcy1

darcy1 Well-Known Member

you have no idea how much sense you make to me. i feel the same way.
    depersonalization and derealization. the world not seeming real.
    the dream world seems more real to me.

i constantly question my existance. see me trying to desrcibe it in this other post...it's hard to use words to describe.
    http://www.suicideforum.com/showthr...-into-the-cold-abyss-in-my-eyes-in-the-mirror

7. Tmacster1

I know which is the sad part :( I like someone to acknowledge me or at least ask how I'm doing - and actually listen to me when I tell them I'm not feeling that well. I feel safer and more visible here because I can express myself... But in general sometimes I do feel invisible because my family doesn't acknowledge me as I should. But, there's some that do so I should give them a hug.

8. Witty_Sarcasm

What you posted makes a lot of sense to me. It can be really hard to describe in words, and even more difficult to describe it to anyone who's never experienced it before. It makes me feel better to know that others are going through exactly the same thing that I am.

9. Tmacster1

Yeah, that's true... I hope one of these days my family will start noticing me instead of not recognizing me as it would seem. However, at any case I feel a little bit better sharing my story somewhat - I could go in more detail - but I think that's good enough. They just don't listen to me and I'm alright with that because I got you guys and the family that do care about me ;-)

Trevor,

10. Null

Null Well-Known Member

Sorry I didn't reply right away. To be honest I didn't think anyone would see this thread until tomorrow.

To be honest I kinda lost hope and started looking at <method>. I decided to drown all rational thought in booze to keep me from doing anything I shouldn't do. I sometimes really don't know whats going on and all that matters is the feeling I'm having right now, but I'm sure you guys feel that way. Sometimes, NOW is the only time that matters. :(

Maybe tomorrow will be a better day.

11. Witty_Sarcasm

It's good to keep hope alive, and I hope that tomorrow will be a better day for you. :courage:

12. Tmacster1

Same I hope tomorrow is a lot better than today :hug: Also it's great that your keeping hope alive. :)

Trevor,

13. Null

Null Well-Known Member

I just hope that tomorrow will be a new day in the morning.

14. Tmacster1

Me too, hopefully tomorrow will shine brightly for you. :hug: Hope your feeling a little better right now?

Trevor,

15. Null

Null Well-Known Member

To be honest... I'm not sure I killed enough brain cells. :(

16. Tmacster1

Hmm... That's okay - brain cells typically grow back fast. I feel much more refreshed after a short nap or sleep at night. I don't sleep very well...

Trevor,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.