Irony in the workplace

This wasn't really funny until just this week, but in hind sight I can still laugh at life's ironies.

To make a long story as short as possible, I was hired, promoted twice in one year to ASM, and transferred to another store for the next year and a half. During the last year at this second store, I started losing myself. My original boss wanted me back after his ASM was fired. He fought for two months to have me back in his store. Not only was I doing the kind of quality work that he is looking for, but his store desperately needs an upbeat and positive atmosphere, and it's one of the things he missed about me being there. The old ASM really brought the place down.

So just recently I'm transferred back, at one of the lowest points of my life. I was thinking of suicide at the time, just until the other week. The day before I was scheduled to work back at my original store for the first time, I was crying my heart out because I had nothing left to give in that department. No pressure. I was far from upbeat and positive. I'm still not right just yet, though I seem to be getting much better.

Somehow, I seem to be doing something. My boss has commented several times that the atmosphere is vastly improved. I try to be upbeat I make corny jokes and such, but some days are harder than others. I've stopped crying this week though. Total bonus.

It sounds good if you've stopped crying and the boss is happy with your work
Yes, it's positive for sure! I had a good week overall. Some low spots, but not for long. Going into work like that was one of the hardest things I ever did. It didn't feel like I was improving anything.

Walker

Admin
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
Hey there - I don't come to this section that often but wanted to say that I'm glad the job is going so well :) Keep it up!

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00