Is it so wrong to....

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Jewels, Apr 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jewels

Jewels Well-Known Member

wanna sleep all the time so I can be with my pet that died almost a year ago? He was my best friend, someone hold and cry with. Since his death everything is feeling more darker inside and when he comes to me in my dreams he alive and feels like I can feel him like hes is so real.

2. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

I can relate. I can relate to this so much.

But try to think that your pet loved you, so would want to the best for you. He would want you to keep fighting on.

He is alive and there in your heart and memories and it will stay that way forever.

Would you like to tell us more about your friend?

3. Jewels

Jewels Well-Known Member

I really dont know what to say..... this depression has gotten worse since his death. He was was alive for over 8 years and someone who has helped me through tough times.....Im sorry you can relate in this way, I try and remember that but its so hard attimes, more when I need support and its not there...

4. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

This might sound stupid, but this is how I have been coping when things are hard, maybe writing letters to him, cutting them up and allowing them to fly off to him, Maybe try holding/touching/cuddling something of his if you kept anything, that might help you feel close to him.

Also, what about getting another friend? Not as a replacement, just because everyone needs friends, and if you are still able to look after your pet physically, emotionally and financially, maybe it is worth looking into. If you can find friendship in animals then maybe you could look into it.

Also, have you thought about volunteering and working with animals? Maybe that might also be something to consider.

Bereavement counselling might also benefit you. That allows you to remember the good times with your pet, the fun you had, the laughs and the good qualities. It helps you to try and focus on his life as opposed to his death.

Hang in there and if you ever need to talk feel free to PM me.

5. Jewels

Jewels Well-Known Member

Scum, Ive sent you a pm.

6. I really, truly know how you feel. I've always been an animal person. As long as I can remember, I've always had a pet. Mainly cats, because they're much cleaner than dogs. I had a cat when I was about eleven years old (seven years ago, give or take a few months). His name was Smokey and he was my most... er... memorable cat. He was a gray tabby (hence the name Smokey). He was really mean, but not to me. I loved him and he loved me. He would sleep with me in my top bunk and in the mornings I would wake up to my sister on the bottom bunk screaming at me to get my cat because he would lie under her bed and wait for her to place her feet on the floor so he could attack. The first time it had snowed in six years was New Year's Day. It was really cold that night (snow melts around here by noon) and I remembered my sister chasing Smoking across the road. Smokey never made it across. I cried for days, and I kept a picture of him in a Lipsmackers picture frame. As much as I've moved around since then, I've kept that picture. I look at it every day and smile. He brought a lot of joy to my life and I'm just grateful that I got to spend any time with him at all. A lot of people would kill to have that feeling. I know how you feel. But it will pass. I promise. You'll be able to look back one day and say, "Man, that was a great pet."

7. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

I PMed you back

8. Jewels

Jewels Well-Known Member

Hi, Im reallyy sorry about Smokey.. He sounded like a really great cat! I know you to will always have the great memories of him. I love the sound of the picture frame lipsmackers. He reminds me of a friends cat and a kitty she has. Are anniversaries earier to deal with in time? Mine is in little over a month, and jjust still want to stay in bed. Thanks Scum, will read now.

9. The first anniversary is always really hard. But after that it slacks up and it's easier to cope with. It's odd how our minds use week, month, and year marking periods to remind us of the pain we felt. It'll get better, and easier, I promise. But it will be tough right now. You sound like a strong person, I'm sure you can take it. And I agree, getting a new pet (not a replacement) is a good idea. It's nice to have something to take care of. It keeps your schedule intact. I didn't want a new pet after Smokey passed away, but then my mom came across a woman in the Wal-Mart parking lot who was giving away kittens, so we got two named Ebony and Sassy. Sassy just recently passed away, but she was old and had terrible complications. It's easier to accept a pet's death if you're expecting it. And I've still got one of her offspring with me today.

I plan on going to college for animal care. That way, every day, I can be around animals and take care of them. Then, I know I'm doing whatever I can to help animals out. Maybe you should try working part-time in a kennel or something. I want to, but the nearest kennel is sixty miles away ( -_-; ). So I just stick to helping neighborhood pets. It keeps me happy. :smile:

10. Jewels

Jewels Well-Known Member

Hi, awww Im sorry about Sassy... It was nice to get some more cats.... Sounds like a great college goal! You sound like you are great with animals, very caring. I do help with some animals around me, cant get out much to go to much more. I would love to get anew pet, but because of my mom I cant....:(

11. I know the feeling. I live with my grandparents and my sister lived with us. She had a Chihuahua named Li'l Man and I loved him to death, but my grandmother hated having an animal in the house, so when my sister moved out, so did Li'l Man, and my grandmother now won't let me have any animals in the the house. So my cats have to stay outside. (I have Kitten Babe [who just had kittens but I can't find where she hid them] and Nubbins [Sassy's remaining offspring].) She only lets me keep the cats outside cause they're good for keeping rats and snakes away.

12. Jewels

Jewels Well-Known Member

Sorry, you cnat keep them in the house and hope you manage to find a way with the kittens. Maybe, in time your grnandparents will change their mind?!

13. Nah, I don't see the point in attempting to convince them. I'll be moving out next August for college. I wonder if there are any dorms that allow animals....:sweat:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.