Is Suicide The Way Out?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by dead_xtinct, Apr 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dead_xtinct

dead_xtinct New Member

I HV TURNED 18 YEARS OLD NOW....I WISH I WAS STILL 15

I live in India. Though i had a bad company, i was a brilliant student . I passed my 10th standard with 92% marks .All my family members were very happy..I aimed high and asked my parents to get me coaching for IIT -Indian Institute Of Technology(it ranks 4th or 5th in the world)..My dad took a loan and sent me 750 kms away from home for coaching to clear its entrance exam.It was a two year course.I went there and didnt bother to study. I wasted the whole year.
    Came back home , Failed in 11th class . Then i asked my dad to trust me. i asked him that i wanted to drop a year and start the coaching again .My parents trusted me and sent me and my brother(one year younger to me) back to that place to study..They took some loans again. I got there again, least bothered about my studies. my brother studied hard..By the end of the year i was so depressed that i started drinking and smoking daily.....
    I M BACK HOME AGAIN.
    MY YOUNGER BROTHER HAS MORE KNOWLEDGE THAN I HAVE.........
    MY PARENTS R SO MUCH WORRIED ABOUT MY CAREER..
    ITS MY LAST YEAR ...BUT I CANT COPE WITH STUDIES NOW..
    I CANT TOLERATE MY YOUNGER BROTHER CLEARING IIT.....I HAVE SPOILT MY LIFE.............
    NOW THE ONLY WAY I CAN THINK IS TO COMMIT SUICIDE.....OR ELSE I WOULD BECOME A DRUG-ADDICT....
    I M TIRED OF CRYING WHOLE NIGHTS......

2. eddizle

eddizle Member

think hard about your family you dont want to hurt them, they love you and they make scarifices for you, your dad already made some big sacrificies for you, dying by suicide is going to make your problem go away however your family are the ones who are going to be destroyed, imagine what your dad and mum are going to feel when they hear that their little boy commited suicide, think about it especially about your mum and how hurt she will be if you do it
    i know how u feel mate, dont worry about anything else, just be cool try hard to clear you mind and stay calm, if you wait a little longer things will start to work out in your favour

3. Diseased88

Diseased88 Active Member

asians and indians have a higher then normal suicide rate, because success is stressed incredibly moreso then in the west. That and with high population of the areas, the only way to stand above the poverty line is to work hard and get a good education.

That said, yes suicide is a way out, very effective too. I would NOT recommend it though.

First off, you have to find out what's depressing you, then, you have to kick its ass.

you are not finished yet, but your not going to make it anywhere in life with the depression holding you down. You also wont make it far dead either.

perhaps you could see a counselor? help discuss why your depressed. other then that, good luck

4. ~CazzaAngel~

~CazzaAngel~ Staff Alumni

:agreed: :grouphug:

5. TheBLA

TheBLA Well-Known Member

I agree since I am Indian. I also want to say that Indians have FAR less experience with depression and suicide I think than Westerners, they are FAR FAR less understanding and sympathetic, your not supposed to be depressed and suicidal, its a sign of immense weakness, you just can't be depressed in Indian society, you get much less support than like in the U.S and U.K, many Indians just don't goddamn understand depression, its like it doesn't exist in their dictionary. Your supposed to be perfect, study hard and be a fucking doctor or engineer. Sometimes it really sucks to be Indian, god. :dry:

6. theleastofthese

theleastofthese SF Friend Staff Alumni

I also agree that professional intervention in your life could be a big help. Serious depression can destroy logical thought, thus your wanting to kill yourself. PLease don't harm yourself. As long as there's life, there's hope. It may not seem so, but I believe it to be true.

I too wasted away my youth. But now I'm 55 yrs old and in a bad position in life and it's my own fault for not doing what I should have when I had the youth and energy to do it. You are still in your youth and still have time to rectify the mistakes you feel you've made. It's not too late for you to begin anew. Please forgive yourself your errors of judgement and behavior and start again fresh.

love,:hug:

least

7. dead_xtinct

dead_xtinct New Member

thanx frendz.....i dunno how long i wud b able to control myself........
    m trying to concentrate on my studies rather than all those fuckin suicide ideas..
    hope i carry on wid ma studies..........

thanx a lot....

8. Darken

Darken Well-Known Member

You can do it, its nothing new to you, youve been doing good your whole life prior to this havent you? Theres no reason why you would have to stop now keep trying. Look at your work and say "fuck you work I own you!!! "

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.