Is this a symptom of a disorder

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by jamie2, Mar 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jamie2

jamie2 Active Member

For a long time now, five or seven years, I keep bopping my head back and forth, like if I were in some stupid rock concert. I don't know why I do this but lately I've realized its out of my control and I can't stop it, is this a symptom of some disorder. In addition, this gets expressed in many odd ways, I sometimes start pacing around for some odd reason but the weirdest part of this is that I'm usually daydreaming when I do this, and this is constantly happening, not just at convenient times but when I'm working, when I am relaxing, just about anytime. I have been told its because I am anxious, but seriously I do not believe I am anxious at all, especially not all the time for the last seven years. Can someone help me explain this problem, I feel like I am starting to hurt myself because of this and it needs to stop soon without making me feel bad.

2. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

I would suggest going and talking to a doctor because there could be many reasons for it, none of which we should really speculate about, but all of which he should be able to help with :)

3. jamie2

jamie2 Active Member

I went to a therapist and he seemed to simply ignore it and didn't even think it was a problem, I think he gets what I mean when I describe my symptoms. Anyways, I cannot in anyway, means, or form, afford to see a doctor now. So I ask to see if anyone has heard of this people a symptom of something. I really do mean it has gotten out of hand, lately I have been extremely absent-minded and almost burned down my house. I am not on any drugs.

4. shades

shades Staff Alumni

All I've got to offer you is years of therapy, life experience and a general understanding of some physical maladies as my mother has cerebral palsy. Based on all of the symptoms you describe I would think there is something psychologically and/or physically goiing on. Didn't see where you live but in most countries, there are emergency clinics that the state pays for. You should definitely get this checked out before you harm yourself or someone else.

5. jamie2

jamie2 Active Member

No, I definitely have no urge to hurt anyone else but lately I find myself completely absent-minded so maybe there might be a problem, but I don't know. By the way, where can I find these clinics, since I seem to not be able to find any information on this, I did, however, find some clinics for therapy in my area just not any clinic where they can describe this situation.

6. shades

shades Staff Alumni

I'm in the U.S. and most states have these facilities. You have to contact the state run phone#'s for these clinics which are all over in California. I didn't mean to imply that I thought you might hurt someone intentionally but maybe accidentally, since you say you kind of fade out. If you're not from the U.S. just ask in your post for someone from your country and they should be able to give you some leads. Let us or me know how you are doing....we care!

7. jamie2

jamie2 Active Member

Yes, I am in the United States. Yes, I do know that there are clinics, I just don't know what they are referred to as, so I can't find them. Are they psychological facilities or a mental clinic, I just don't know. What is states run phone#?

8. shades

shades Staff Alumni

Jamie: Look in the phone book under state/government organizations. There should be something there. Or, call information and ask for the toll free number in your area (mine start with 800 and 888) and ask the operator for a local "free clinic" or "state and local" medical facilities. This should get you there. Let me know. If the thread runs off site, send me a pm and let me know if you found one. If not, I will help you out. Once you find one, they can refer you to other clinics, from medical to psychological, etc..., or there may be one in your area that offers both. In Los Angeles, there are separate facilities for mental health and for medical issues.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.