Is this Bipolar Depression or Schizophrenia Negative Symptoms?

Butterfly

Sim Addict
Safety & Support
SF Author
SF Supporter
I'm diagnosed as having Schizoaffective Disorder. I'm feeling really confused. I'm really struggling with processing my nan's passing. I know grief is normal and that I am grieving. But it is clearly triggering something in me. Normally when I'm depressed I have low mood, tearfulness, lack of motivation, suicidal thoughts etc. But what I'm dealing with right now is quite different to how I normally feel. I feel withdrawn, anhedonic but not low as such, not wanting or knowing that I should be taking care of my personal hygiene, or my appearance. I am also hearing voices (which I know is a positive symptom). It doesn't make sense. I feel muddled and confused. I don't know what's going on. Am I relating more to the schizophrenia part of my illness? I want to make sense of it. My thoughts are all muddled and I don't think they are mine.

Do you want to say more about your nan and how her passing has effected you? Has your emotional reaction been something that you feel fits the situation, or is it not right somehow? Is your nan's passing the main issue, or has it been the trigger for something else?

I hope something can help.

Butterfly

Sim Addict
Safety & Support
SF Author
SF Supporter
Me and my nan were extremely close. We lived far apart but we were close. Since her passing I feel in disbelief and can't get my head round that she's gone. I know her passing has stirred the mental health pot and is the trigger for all this. I'm not gonna sit here and say that it hasn't because it has. But I'm not sure whether it's depression or negative schizophrenia symptoms. I don't feel low, just anhedonic.

A lot of people will feel numb after experiencing traumatic events, so I don't think that's unusual.

Do you think work-related stress is part of how you're feeling?
But I'm not sure whether it's depression or negative schizophrenia symptoms
If you knew, would that lead to a treatment or some course of action?

Butterfly

Sim Addict
Safety & Support
SF Author
SF Supporter
A lot of people will feel numb after experiencing traumatic events, so I don't think that's unusual.

Do you think work-related stress is part of how you're feeling?

If you knew, would that lead to a treatment or some course of action?
Work has only been a positive factor for me. I've spoken to my CPN today and she's said it's psychosis. Got given some PRN and awaiting an urgent meds review.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00