• IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Please read THIS THREAD about a rebrand for SF.

Isolation

#1
Ive started isolating myself long time ago
Been over a decade
But last 2 years have been much worse
Ive spent 2 years in my apartment, almost not leaving it for that entire duration
I have very severe social anxiety
Being able to order online have enabled me to live like this for the last 2 years
I just dont want any contact
Have always just left to misery
But at the same time I feel lonely, so maybe I do
I have learned you cannot trust people
But Ive felt myself go even more crazy lately
I started hitting myself in the head when I get frustrated
Even banging my head into the door
Ive started just saying complete non sense sentences when I get frustrated too
Like almost another language
I dont even know how to describe it
Someone might think I was possessed by a demon or smth
Who knows, maybe I am
Ive come very close to suicide this past year

Last month I have started going out more though
Havent been easy, but I cant go on like this forever

Wouldnt recommend isolating yourself to anyone else, if you can avoid it
 
Last edited:
#9
welcome to SF @CrashBandicoot.

Sorry you are isolated and lonely. It's very hard sometimes, when the anxiety lets up then the loneliness becomes painful. At least that is my experience of it.

On the other hand: if you have a creative outlet, a hobby or activities you enjoy it can help a lot.

When you're here, you're supported by caring people and are not alone.
Thank you🥰
 

Gonz

₲‹›Ŋʑ
#12
I was put on disability a couple years ago, partly for agoraphobia, so I know a bit about what isolation does to a person. It can be crushing. Read about people in solitary confinement. Or, y’know, don’t because you know about it firsthand.

I’m glad you’re going out more. I’ve recently started doing the same, so I know that’s difficult too. But I think it’ll be better for both of us.

Coming here was a good step too. It doesn’t combat the loneliness the way real-life people would, but everyone’s really nice and regular interaction keeps me sane and relatively “normal;” let’s hope it does the same for you.
 
#14
I was put on disability a couple years ago, partly for agoraphobia, so I know a bit about what isolation does to a person. It can be crushing. Read about people in solitary confinement. Or, y’know, don’t because you know about it firsthand.

I’m glad you’re going out more. I’ve recently started doing the same, so I know that’s difficult too. But I think it’ll be better for both of us.

Coming here was a good step too. It doesn’t combat the loneliness the way real-life people would, but everyone’s really nice and regular interaction keeps me sane and relatively “normal;” let’s hope it does the same for you.
Thank you 🤗

Ive thought about that quite a bit
But they do still have it a lot worse
Mainly because of the lack of freedom
While it can feel like I dont have a choice, I do still have the possibility to leave whenever I want
I do socialize online, in video games etc
I have a steam friend I talk to daily

As you can see, Ive thought about it before 🤣

To also bring in some comedy into it
I was watching a streamer react to "no life krip"
A video of the hardcore gamer kripparian, where he mentioned that he didnt leave his house for 2 weeks at one point when gaming
I just said "noob" and could not stop laughing

A bit of dark comedy I guess 🤣
 
Last edited:

Gonz

₲‹›Ŋʑ
#16
Thank you 🤗

Ive thought about that quite a bit
But they do still have it a lot worse
Mainly because of the lack of freedom
While it can feel like I dont have a choice, I do still have the possibility to leave whenever I want
I do socialize online, in video games etc
I have a steam friend I talk to daily

As you can see, Ive thought about it before 🤣

To also bring in some comedy into it
I was watching a streamer react to "no life krip"
A video of the hardcore gamer kripparian, where he mentioned that he didnt leave his house for 2 weeks at one point when gaming
I just said "noob" and could not stop laughing

A bit of dark comedy I guess 🤣
Oh yeah, not arguing that they don’t have it worse, just pointing out how the isolation will fuck with your head.

It was funny watching everyone losing their minds during the Covid lockdowns. If it wasn’t for the news, I wouldn’t have known anything was going on.

I’m glad you have some interaction. Here’s hoping you find some more.
 
#17
Oh yeah, not arguing that they don’t have it worse, just pointing out how the isolation will fuck with your head.

It was funny watching everyone losing their minds during the Covid lockdowns. If it wasn’t for the news, I wouldn’t have known anything was going on.

I’m glad you have some interaction. Here’s hoping you find some more.
Ah yes
Covid was wild
Thanks so much 🤗
 

Anchorchain

Well-Known Member
#18
I'm glad you've come to this forum too, CrashBandicoot.
Good on you for knowing that isolation will make whatever isn't quite right even worse.
Keep reaching out and BTW, the COVID lockdowns didn't bother me very much either......
The few, structured social contacts I'm committed to were still there after the pandemic lightened up.
 
#19
I'm glad you've come to this forum too, CrashBandicoot.
Good on you for knowing that isolation will make whatever isn't quite right even worse.
Keep reaching out and BTW, the COVID lockdowns didn't bother me very much either......
The few, structured social contacts I'm committed to were still there after the pandemic lightened up.
Thank you 🤗
 

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$15.00
Goal
$255.00
Top