It figures

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by normaljoe, Nov 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. normaljoe

normaljoe Well-Known Member

its been probably 8 or 9 months since I last had to post on here but it would seem that depression never goes away. I finally got to my first command. i lasted here all of 6 months before I requested to go to mental health. I set up an appointment with a psych. my first appointment I thought went well. I am pretty sure he thinks I am an alcoholic. everything relates back to alcohol. I can't say anything about suicide or else I could get put on the "no carry" list or medical sep. I would rather not have either one of those. my appointments are spread out so far (a month wait for each appointment) so its not helping at all. I had to reschedule once because of drills my command was doing that I was unable to miss. it will have been two months since my last appointment. this is insane. I cant wait 2-3 months in between appnts. i am not an alcoholic, I have strict rules for myself when drinking and if i drink given my depression, and I am not comfortable around my psych. when the psych wears his uniform it is not very inviting. If i want to see a psych out in town I have to pay for it out of pocket. :( I cant be happy about anything. I can give you a list of my goals and my accomplishments but nothign seems to make me happy. I am losing my lust for life. nothing excites me anymore. its all become the same.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Did your pdoc prescribe you anything for your depression if not then time to ask him to ok. Is there not a councillor you can see in between visits to your doc a social worker a therapist as i agree a month apart is to long a wait

3. normaljoe

normaljoe Well-Known Member

they brought on another counselor, so my appointments are now 2 weeks apart. still sucks but its better. I do not want to take pills (anti depressents) (pills to save time typing) because it will affect my job. I am expected to carry a gun and quite frankly it brings a bit of relaxation to my day to be around weapons, clean them, and go to the range. If i go on meds i will have that taken from me. thank you for your reply.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.