You're right, in that it can be difficult to accurately evaluate, or read someone without having ever met or gotten to know them. However, from what little I have read of yours, or you--from you. In so far as I can tell: you don't sound, or come across as someone whom would boast a boatload of undesirable characteristics, or personality traits, maybe that is taking it to far. To try or to attempt to judge someone in that way? You seem to come off, or across to me, as someone who would be able to attract others, and to want to be around and to get to know them, etc. And this includes relationships of all kinds - thinking of it, in my case & or from my perspective as that of a friend, or colleague. Something like that... So while it is common to try & draw some kind of a link, or an association. I'd wonder if you aren't somehow seeing more of the negatives, and the overall ones that had ended in failure, as opposed to those that were either more on the neutral end, or even more likely than that the positive one.
Thank you
For we can tend to forget them, sometimes, especially throughout our history & when in the rearview. Much like with compliments & everyday praise. We just sort of expect them to be there. Because we have these high standards, or expectations for ourselves. So it is almost as if that is what is expected, or required. In other words--no big deal. Then when we do come across something where it doesn't work out, for whatever reason? A personality conflict, something else. Well, then we just can't seem to quite forgive & forget so easily. And we then collect that sort of in our memory banks. And place them in some kind of our own personal hall of shame. Easily & readily able, or available, to recall. Then next thing you know, we have a more catastrophic one, on the scale, or in those terms.
Suddenly they're right there, when we "need," them. To reinforce all of those negative beliefs, and really, inaccurate and false perceptions.
It is true, one can have a tendency to see things more negatively than they are.
However, if we ourselves believe them, then they are in fact, true to us! ...I'm really sorry to hear of your horrid & horrible tenant. Talk about a stress, and a stressor!?. . . . I only hope that you wouldn't look at things like that, and compare. Taking away the nature of this relationship, in particular, with the dynamics involved and all. To judge like that, isn't fair to yourself. For we're always going to see the worst side of it, if we compare (ourselves to others). I'm guessing, we too, neglect to see - or fail to somehow (conveniently) - notice those that would feel the same way about us. If viewed in this way, and through this subjective prism? Who knows? maybe in a vacuum... if given the option, and the opportunity in the midst of a discussion, she'd actually entertain the thought, or the notion of trading places with you? Straight-up, your life, for hers (& all that-that entails, or comes with it?).
I didn't mean I would trade places with her, I just feel like if a person like this has children, I would also deserve to have them, as I am person who is not doing any harm to others, on the contrary, I am contributing well to society etc.
So you just never know. And even in those situations where you are more apt to be, for lack of a better word, 'right' I still feel it isn't overall a healthy way to be thinking of things. If that makes sense? For all it can do is serve to bring one down. And the opposite of inspire, I guess (missing the word, now). It is early. And I am without coffee - for about 5 more min's! ;D You take care now, and try to have a good day. Or as very good of one, as you can (possibly) have! See you later,
@Marga ~mrb.
p. s.) you're right, life isn't fair. but! that's a whole 'nother, story! . . : ) / I think you're doing a really admirable job, for what it's worth.