It still bothers me..

Discussion in 'Bullying and Violence' started by Ruby, Oct 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ruby

Ruby Well-Known Member

I hated school. I was psychologically abused. I didn't think that it was that serious because I wasn't physically attacked as such. One girl in particular hated me so much for no reason that she'd 'paint my face' in art. I feel so pathetic because it still bothers me, 4 years on. I think that school made me mentally ill because I ended up sectioned just a few months later. I know that I should get over it, but for some reason I can't. I don't want pity, but it bothers me that she's doing well in university and i'm some schizo who relies on medication, therapy and cutting to cope.

2. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

I totally understand Ruby. Bullying can leave a huge impact on our life and now 4 years on for me too (I have been bullied since but not to the extent I was 4 years ago) it still effects me to this day. I certainly do not think you're pathetic, quite the opposite. You have a lot to deal with and things are not easy, yet you're fighting. It's the bullies who are pathetic. The only way they could get their kicks were to humiliate and psychologically mess with us and they didn't give a crap as to how it would effect us. It makes me extremely angry, especially considering now they are getting on with their lives and probably aren't even thinking twice about those who they hurt. Although - perhaps they are. Perhaps they DO feel guilty for what they done. I hope so.

Sorry, I'm going off on a rant but I just wanted to say I understand your feelings but you are certainly not pathetic. Take care of yourself. :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.