It was not by suicide, but my dad passed away coming up on 19 years ago on March 20th

Discussion in 'Grief and Bereavement' started by fatloser, Feb 3, 2013.

1. fatloser

fatloser Banned Member

I still think about him everyday and what life would be like if he was still here. He died very suddenly and I was there to see it all, I was 13 when he died. I miss him so much to this day, even though it it was 19 years ago. I have gone to therapist and all that, but there's nothing they can say to me that's gonna help me accept what happened and truly move on.

2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Re: It was not by suicide, but my dad passed away coming up on 19 years ago on March

I am so sorry for your loss...I have found that when I lose a loved one, if I can do something in his/her memory, it has made the transition easier

3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Re: It was not by suicide, but my dad passed away coming up on 19 years ago on March

It is ok hun we all grieve differently and you will always miss your dad He would not want you sad no way You do something that will remind people of your father ok plant his favorite tree make a beautiful portrait of all the things you and he did together. Create a happy memory ok because that is what your father would want YOU to be happy not sad hugs