Item as companion when you are feeling lonely too much

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Viktor, Sep 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Viktor

Viktor Well-Known Member

Anyone who feels lonely too much and for too long, do you have something that makes you feel at least a little less lonely? I have a teddy bear. I am talking to him and also talking for him. Means i'm talking as if he was talking. Like, i talk to him and then he answers, but it's actually me who is saying that answer. But it really feels like it's him who's saying that. I'm also using different voice when talking for him. I am doing this like 6 years now and i got used to it so much that i sometime don't even notice that it is actually me who is talking when i'm talking for him. It simply automatically feels like he is talking. And i made friend of him. He is the only one who is here with me. He never gets tired of me and he's always happy when i hug him. How much crazy i have gone? :(

2. Danialla

Danialla Well-Known Member

I am sorry you are so lonely. We are here for you if you want to talk.

3. Viktor

Viktor Well-Known Member

I know. You are all very kind people. It does help to talk to people online, but not enough. Every time i do that, i always in the end find that no one is here beside me :'(

4. Danialla

Danialla Well-Known Member

I wish I could help you more. You can pm me, but I must admit no one ever has, so I don't really know how it works:). Please take care of yourself and say hello to the bear for me:).

5. Hamatreya

Hamatreya Banned Member

Hey Viktor.

I find myself lonely literally all the time. I have no friends, and my parents are so distant and uninvolved that talking to them is little different than talking to myself. I am 26 and living in Southern California, unemployed and flunking out of school.
    I don't talk to any items, but sometimes I pretend my extra-long pillow is someone who loves me and actually wants me to be there with them. It's really kind of pathetic, I know, but I fall asleep trying really, really hard to believe that's a living, breathing person next to me.

6. random33

random33 Well-Known Member

I'm sorry that you feel lonely, but there is nothing strange, crazy or pathetic, in pretending to talk to an inanimate object, I talk to myself all the time and even imagine doing interviews, or stuff like that, I was pretty lonely child so I've always done this, therefore I never consider it to be strange.

7. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hey, I'm also sorry you are feeling so lonely. But I don't think what you're doing is crazy as such just a coping mechanism for me, if I am lonely I will go into the chat room here. It helps a lot :) I'm lucky I have some siblings I am close to so can talk to them too :)

8. Phantastic Mirage

Phantastic Mirage New Member

I guess my item(s) are my manga. I really love Sailor Moon so those books are my favorite.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.