it's back. I was free, and now I am back in hell

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by swimmergirl, Dec 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. swimmergirl

swimmergirl Well-Known Member

Almost a year depression free, and now I have sunk back into the deep dark bottomless pit of hell. I want to kill myself, because I don't feel like I can get through this again.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

You know you can hun you have before ok Talk to your doctor get things changed up a bit hun hugs

3. Jemm

Jemm Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry you're down, I don't know if this helps at all, but I truly felt the same, I had been fine for a few months then just sank so painfully low, it's wretched, but believe me, some how we are so much stronger than we think... I hope you feel better.

4. SaraRose

SaraRose Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry that you're feeling bad again. I know the feeling I had gone through about a year and half of true happiness, never feeling bad and then when the depression came back it crashed hard on me. I hope that you feel better. If you ever need anyone to talk to just poke me andI'm more then happy to just lend an ear!

5. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

Please remember to keep posting here and work through it. Get extra rest and eat as well as you can. You will get through this and we're here to listen.

:hug:

6. skysky

skysky New Member

I am going through the same thing right now. I know what it's like looking ahead and seeing nothing worth living for. It is a lot easier to give advice than to receive it, but if you got through it once there is hope. Happiness may seem far away almost impossible to reach, but it is obtainable. One time in therapy my psychiatrist made me read a children's book about depression. It compared depression to monsters. All through the book there was a monster in the background. Sometimes the little kid would be happy and the monster would be in the background then other times he would be up close and making the child sad and scared. Eventually the kid got help and made friends that helped him. He came up with ways to scare the monsters away. In the end it said that even though the monsters will always be lurking somewhere in your life, it doesn't mean that you can't stay happy.
    That story stuck with me.
    I always seem to get better then the depression comes back full force, but so far I have been able to get through it each time. Every time there are new and more painful things to deal with but we can adapt.
    Like I said, I literally have been and am in the same boat you are, but hopefully we will both get better again and be able to keep the monsters away this time.
    Get better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.