• IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Please read THIS THREAD about a rebrand for SF.

It's going to be okay....yeah

#1
Anybody else totally tired of people saying that when you explain something deep you're going thru? It's like, there has to be something else people can say.

To me, it makes it worse.
 

Witty_Sarcasm

🦄🦜🧁Rainbow Unicorn (Deluxe Edition) ®🌈🌝💖
SF Supporter
#2
Yeah, it makes me feel like they are not truly listening or they don't understand at all. At least they could try to empathize and understand what you are going through instead of tossing a generic response your way.
 

iloverachel

No longer suicidal after 8 years of depression
#3
I think "I hope you are going to be okay" is more accurate then "you are going to be okay or its going to be okay"

I am sure they mean good and are trying to make you feel better, but the reality is, sometimes things will not be okay. Otherwise, millions of people would not end their lives every year. It is very sad and depressing, and i do wish that things will be okay for everyone though, but i don't think its a realistic guarantee
 

Lekatt

Love Cats Love All
SF Supporter
#5
When a loved one passes, that is the most common thing said. It is true that time will lessen the grief. But if one is depressed and sad time is not enough to lessen the pain. One needs to do something positive to lessen depression, something that only they can do. Change their thoughts.
 

Atreides

Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
#6
What I can't stand is when someone says "cheer up" as if I've never thought of that before. I know these people mean well. I think they say these things because they don't know what else to say. Usually I say "that sucks I hope you get to feeling better."
 
#7
Most people are not that deep and they are just trying to say something comforting. I no longer share more serious issues with people unless I know them well or they have some understanding of severe pain, grief or depression.
 
#9
What I can't stand is when someone says "cheer up" as if I've never thought of that before. I know these people mean well. I think they say these things because they don't know what else to say. Usually I say "that sucks I hope you get to feeling better."
I once got told"cheer up.. it might never happen" by a hospital porter, when I was in hospital wearing a hospital gown. *facepalm
 

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$45.00
Goal
$255.00
Top