Its hard to get out of bed

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Ima.robot, Sep 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ima.robot

Ima.robot Senior Member

Havent worked in almost 9 months now since injury, used to do construction for work. Dropped out of university before that because no motivation or idea what to do with life, but im considering going back this winter.

All I do is lye in bed and surf the internet everyday. I have no energy anymore. Ive isolated myself from the few friends I have/had, only seen one in like the last 2 months. They will give up and i cant blame them. Its hard to even get myself to do my physiotherapy that im supposed to be doing after the surgery. Cant do sports anymore which gave me energy and was my true passion, keep telling myself ill get a new hobby like music or art or reading but i never follow through. Its just so hard to get myself to do anything other than internet, sleeping or drugs, I do love sleeping.

Never would have imagined i would get this low

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

i am sorry you are so low hun depression has taken so much away. Please call your doc ok get something to help you pull out of that slump your in Don't keep staying where you are any longer get the help you deserve hugs

3. Ima.robot

Ima.robot Senior Member

Thanks Totaleclipse :). Being on the site has helped just knowing im not alone.

I will call my doc right now actually ive been putting it off for a while.

4. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Sorry to hear about all that...it's hard for me to get out of bed too. i really have no reason to, and it seems harder at this time of year for some reason. I've isolated myself as well, and I basically spend most of my time in my room, to avoid everyone who dislikes me. That's good you are calling your doc, hope things get better for you soon :)

5. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

You are doing good hun please do call for support ok I have used meds on and off when i need them they have pulled me out of some very deep depressions hugs to you
    You are certainly not alone here

6. Ima.robot

Ima.robot Senior Member

Thanks for the supports guys, I called the psychs office and told them my referral papers are on the way then they will call to set up an appointment.

Hope things get better for you as well WS. Yeah same here 95% of time spent in my comfort bubble of a room. Its tough to break out of the cycle of isolation once one starts doing that. One step at a time though, small steps.

7. scaryforest

scaryforest Banned Member

you seem upbeat despite the isolation and that's a good thing.
    hopefully the psych appointment will be arranged very quick.
    good luck<3

8. Ima.robot

Ima.robot Senior Member

Thanks, Im trying to stay optimistic but once every day or so ill get in this super low mode thinking it would be nice just to not be around but hopefully I can get better.

9. scaryforest

scaryforest Banned Member

come talk to us here when you need..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.