It's so hard to ask for help

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by anarulesmenow, Sep 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anarulesmenow

anarulesmenow Well-Known Member

Hi recently diagnosed as Bipolar but I've just moved to uni and doctors stuff has changed so not on any meds or anything. It took me years to ask for help and I can't now as I've never even met my new doctor. There are medical staff on campus too but still its hard. Just made a post in the uncertainty principle about housemate stuff and that might explain a lot. But I just feel like I'm going to break down. I have never even told my friends and I feel that I need to but something just stops me. I get to where I feel I almost could and then I just change the subject or drink. I drink quite a lot and some of my friends do but not every night and not to the extent that I do but because I often make jokes about it and they're used to it they don't get that it's a problem, it's almost funny to them. Don't get me wrong, they're not bad friends but I've made my drinking such a joke that I don't think that I could talk seriously about it and that is a major part of my Bipolar disorder.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hun i know it is hard to ask for help but you DESERVE help ok you need it to stay stable and to succeed You go the the campus docs and you get back on meds ok and you get stable You lay off the alcohol you know that it will only make things worse. Don't waste anymore time hun get the help you need ok just do it hugs

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.