i've tried everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lilella44

im 16 and have had depression for two and a half years. in that period of time i've created hundreds of self harm scars, attempted suicide several times, missed two and a half terms of school and cried thousands of tears.

i've seen about 6 psychs, many doctors, a chiropractor, sleep psychologist.
i've tried 2 anti depressants and am now on the 3rd, which is prozac.
i was in a private psych hospital for 3 weeks.

i've done everything to try and get better and regain my life, but i feel no better than i did two years ago. i feel just horrible. seems like ill never get rid of this depression.

what is wrong with me? what can i do.

sorry to read about these rough few years. i don't have any quick answers for you. for me, i kept trying a bunch of things until i found the ones that started to work. it was so slow at first, i barely noticed. i gave up on anti-depressants and switched to a mood stabilizer. that made a big difference. i found someone i trusted to talk to each week. it wasn't the psych, it was a mental health nurse. i could call her anytime i found myself in trouble. i also found that walking outside each day lifted my spirits. it's a small thing but it helped. i hope you can keep trying until you find the things that best help you in recovery.

do you know the work of mary ellen copeland? she writes alot about wellness and recovery. google her and you will find her website with lots of articles. maybe they will help.

Have you tried a creative outlet as well, such as writing or taking up a musical instrument? Writing does wonders for me, provided that I am writing fiction instead of keeping a journal.

Stranger1

Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend
Hello,
I am also on prosac. Along with a mood stabilizer, meds for my irrational thinking, a med to fight the reactions from the other meds, and a med that is suppose to help me sleep(doesn't work) i am up most of the night. They need to find the right combination that works for you.
Then there is the dreaded word(work). I am not talking about a job, I am talking about battling depression. You definately need a therapist to help you. She will teach you things to fight with. I hope you find that happy medium so you will finealy have some peice. Take Care...:chopper:...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00