Jim’s Cafe .. Tuesday 13 February

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunspots

To Wish Impossible Things
Admin
SF Supporter
Thanks for the invites :)

It's a miserable cold, grey and rainy day here....

BUT... It's Shrove Tuesday and that means PANCAKES!!!!
View attachment 5872

I've made a few batches to share, there's French style ones and fluffy American ones to choose from...

View attachment 5873
View attachment 5874
View attachment 5875

I'm quite simple in my tastes and just go for the traditional lemon and sugar on thin ones or maple syrup on fluffy ones.

What do you like on yours?

View attachment 5876

Mmmmmm..... I'm REALLY hungry now!

Have a flipping fab day everyone :)

Baywasp

I know the world turns and it will turn on me
SF Supporter
It's Shrove Tuesday and that means PANCAKES!!!!
Wow. I forgot about that. Where I grew up (Lancaster County, Pennsylvania), Shrove Tuesday is known as fastnacht day and we eat a fastnacht donut to celebrate. I know it's celebrated in the surrounding parts of PA as well, but I'm not sure how widespread it is.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fastnacht_(Pennsylvania_Dutch)

Haven't been able to have a fastnacht in a few years because of living out of town.
These look similar to the ones I ate growing up (always the ones with powdered sugar though!):

JulieDegraw

You called @gypsylee ???

View attachment 5854

Thanks for the invite @Winter Blues . So we've broken in today have we?? Right, we're gonna need some ingredients and better make it quick before the boss turns up!

"Got the mushrooms...well one for me anyway"
View attachment 5855

"What d'ya mean these ain't Sausages???"
View attachment 5856

"Excuse me? Any idea where I can get bacon round here?.....No, oh well"
View attachment 5857

"Any chance of a hand here guys, this croissant is huge!....damn continentals!"
View attachment 5858

"Quick hide, someone's coming!"
View attachment 5859

Gonna need a hand sorting this breakfast guys and gals. Give us a hand @BumbleBee @Petal @LonelyLuna @JustLovely @JulieDegraw @unlucky me @Mercedesgirl @JacsMom @Kira @Ash600 @Pagan @Endlessagony @Innocent Forever[/USER [USER=16868]@Witty_Sarcasm @Kalicka @JD4010 @drinty @Kiwi2016 @sassy123 and bring the rest![/USER]
I see these little cuties ever so often in my garden. Maybe i should buy them a house. Btw, they don't "cringe" when i touch their little wet nose aww

Karmitkurmit

King of the Hedge
SF Supporter
I see these little cuties ever so often in my garden. Maybe i should buy them a house. Btw, they don't "cringe" when i touch their little wet nose aww
That's a lovely idea Julie, their habitat has dwindled over the years so it's great to hear people encouraging them back; and they're great fun to watch.

I've used wooden ones before but they rot quickly and aren't always cheap. I have started trying things like this:

View attachment 5884

With the pot half buried and back filled it's harder for foxes to get at them and it looks great in the garden.

Karmitkurmit

King of the Hedge
SF Supporter

Karmitkurmit

King of the Hedge
SF Supporter

JulieDegraw

That's a lovely idea Julie, their habitat has dwindled over the years so it's great to hear people encouraging them back; and they're great fun to watch.

I've used wooden ones before but they rot quickly and aren't always cheap. I have started trying things like this:

View attachment 5884

With the pot half buried and back filled it's harder for foxes to get at them and it looks great in the garden.
Aaaah yes! Clay pots. Brilliant idea. You can treat wood as much as you want, it will eventually rot. Especially with today's timber. They grow the trees too fast which makes them less dense. Thank you for the great tip :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00