Jim's Café - 1st August

Discussion in 'Jim's Cafe' started by Rockclimbinggirl, Aug 1, 2016.

1. Rockclimbinggirl

Rockclimbinggirl SF climber Staff Member Safety & Support

Morning all. It is already August. It is a holiday here today.

Hope everyone has a good Monday.

__d and iam like this.
  2. SinisterKid

SinisterKid Safety & Support SF Supporter

August? Shit, I thought it was Monday..........wrong damned universe again. I must get this tardis sorted, stupid time machines, never work when you want them to.

3. Northern

Northern SF Supporter

No work today so i could sleep late!

Last week of work before the vacations! I have a lot to do until then like getting an haircut.

4. Yoyogirl86

Yoyogirl86 Well-Known Member

Voluntary job

Everything is going fine at the moment :) Went to my place of work it was usual thing of customers, making cups of tea and coffee. Yet still no sign of going back on the till. Anyway made some really good progress today with Open University.

Open University + Student Finance
    Rang up Student Finance England regarding my application as they would accept my course and they couldn't help me, so I rang up the Open University and it turns out that I submitted a full time application instead of a part time even though I am doing a full time degree course. So I got home and cancelled the application that I had on the system, then submitted a new one already for 2016-2017.

A-Level English Literature + A-Level English Language and Literature

I also put in my diary of the dates the deadlines I am going to use for assignments and coursework. I have also synced with Open University deadlines and this time I am going to stick to them.

Plan for each week of study

In previous years I have been really disorganized with study and this has had major influence in my mental health so this time I am going to grab a notebook and write down a plan for each of the week and I am going to make use of the my Iphone reminders/tasks facility and write down the specific tasks that I need to accomplish throughout day and stick to it.

Jobseeking
    Jobseeking is going really well at the moment, I have interviews lined up for the next couple of weeks and I am preparing a lot beforehand which is good.

Northern and iam like this.
  5. cymbele

cymbele SF Supporter

I got turned down for an interview for a job. I fear that I am going to get laid off again so am applying like crazy. I know if it takes too long then I will get suicidal again and I like being non-suicidal. Trouble is I have had a lot of short term jobs and it doesn't look well on my resume/cv. But I got to keep trying.
    Have a great day SF!

__d likes this.
  6. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Yeah, I can't believe it's August already. We're in the 4th quarter of the year. The weather only gets bleak from here :p
    Today I did some shopping, and it was warm and sunny, so that was nice. Trying not to have a panic attack over my job interview tomorrow.

__d likes this.
  7. Rockclimbinggirl

Rockclimbinggirl SF climber Staff Member Safety & Support

__d and Witty_Sarcasm like this.
  8. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Thank you :)