Jim's Café - Friday August 12

Discussion in 'Jim's Cafe' started by Rockclimbinggirl, Aug 12, 2016.

1. Rockclimbinggirl

Rockclimbinggirl SF climber Staff Member Safety & Support

Morning all. I am opening the Café today. The special is pancakes with maple syrup.

I will also make a pot of tea. Iced tea is also available.

It's Friday :)
  2. na-taya

na-taya Well-Known Member

I'll have some tea thanks:):) and I should eat, but are they on offer all day or just breakfast (well dinner for me here)?? (I don't mind cold)

Today after some very horrible few weeks of head space. I have had a mostly good afternoon and actually feel like I just may just maybe be able to get up and start the fight again. Let's just hope sleep come 3 hours last night was not enough.

I hope everyone has a night day today, or if ya struggling just have a day. And just be. But try to do somthing just for your self. It can be as simple as you like!
    Take care all
  3. SinisterKid

SinisterKid Safety & Support SF Supporter

Allo peeps, pancakes......yummy, maple syrup? OMG, I just hate that stuff. Butter and sugar please and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice, thats how to eat pancakes. Pffft, maple syrup my bottom. ;)

So far the agenda has been dishes and oven cleaning. I have some parts soaking in caustic soda, might leave them overnight. They come up good as new. After that, nothing except making a meal at some point in time, or maybe takeaway as the oven is out of action today.

Have a good one fellow SF ers, take care and stay safe out there.
  4. Rockclimbinggirl

How can you hate maple syrup.:mad:

I love maple syrup. Guess you should not visit Canada.
  5. SinisterKid

SinisterKid Safety & Support SF Supporter

Too late, I already did, thats how I know I hate maple syrup :p
  6. Rockclimbinggirl

@na-taya Pancakes with maple syrup are available all day.

@Freya Do you like maple syrup.
  7. na-taya

na-taya Well-Known Member

@Rockclimbinggirl good to know well I shall have some eventually I think:):) thank you

Have a nice day
  8. Freya

Freya Loves SF Staff Member ADMIN

@Rockclimbinggirl Maple syrup - yuk.

And while we are at it, Iced Tea is an abomination and should be banned immediately.

Had cupcakes in the office today - far too much sugar lol. I have roughly eleventeen billionty things to do at work before Monday but I think I am going to go home regardless. Wooo for a lie in tomorrow.
  9. baywasp

baywasp The crappiest rugger

Some of my friends are reaching out on Facebook to their other friends in the Pittsburgh area to see if they have any leads on housing (without me having even asked.) I don't know if anything will come of it, but I'm really touched.

Forgot to check in yesterday, but it doesn't matter since I didn't do anything.
  10. Rockclimbinggirl

It is not the sugary stuff. It has been nearly 40 degrees here with the humidity so we need to offer a cold drink. :)
  11. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I haven't had such a bad day, feeling well and supported others which made me feel good. I'm feeling good about myself,hope you all had a nice day
  12. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

The real maple syrup is awesome. Too bad it is so expensive!
    Today is a gray day, didn't get much done. Realizing it's getting a bit closer to fall and I will miss summer.
    Rockclimbinggirl likes this.
  13. SillyOldBear

SillyOldBear Teddy Bear Fanatic Staff Member Safety & Support

Tomorrow we shall have steak and lobster for breakfast! Freya is buying!!!
    Rockclimbinggirl likes this.