Jim's Café - Friday, Oct. 7th

Discussion in 'Jim's Cafe' started by Rockclimbinggirl, Oct 7, 2016.

1. Rockclimbinggirl

Rockclimbinggirl SF climber Staff Member Safety & Support

Wow it is Friday already :)

I have work and then a date today.

@Freya What will we be serving?

2. Freya

Freya Loves SF Staff Member ADMIN

I am way too tired to be serving anything today. I am afraid that everyone is going to have to fend for themselves.

Ooooh a date?? Hope you have fun!

3. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

@Freya, here are some extra fluffy pancakes just for you. There is mocha whipped cream to go on them (extra caffeine). Please enjoy and I hope you are less tired!

@Rockclimbinggirl - Have a good time tonight! Sounds fun!

Everyone, have a happy day and a really good weekend!

4. souncide

souncide Well-Known Member

Got my glasses today.

5. baywasp

baywasp The crappiest rugger

Been so bored today. Sitting with a teammate, but he's working on homework, and I don't want to bother him. I should be studying or doing homework too, but I just don't feel like it. Don't really feel like doing anything. Practice later today.

6. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

I kinda want to quit my job already. But I know I can't do that, it is only the third day today and I need to tough it out more. If I can't get enough people to answer surveys, then my production won't be good enough, and that is frustrating.

7. baywasp

baywasp The crappiest rugger

Just found out our game tomorrow has been canceled :(
    Practice was rough for me today. I was already feeling worthless, then when we split up into backs and forwards, the forwards were doing scrum drills with partners and there was an odd number of people so I ended up without one (until a guy had to sit out). It just felt so terrible. When I talked to one of the guys after practice about it, he told me I should have spoken up about it and seemed a little annoyed at me. I tried to discuss my insecurities and how I felt like I wasn't important enough, but he was picking up on different things than I was meaning to emphasize. On the bus ride home, I texted the captain and told him that I'd felt like I was just in the way, and he was very reassuring. I guess I'm feeling a bit better now; I don't know. I still feel bad for bugging him even though he thanked me for being honest.
    Super bummed about the game though.