Jim's Café - Friday September 23rd

Discussion in 'Jim's Cafe' started by Rockclimbinggirl, Sep 23, 2016.

1. Rockclimbinggirl

Rockclimbinggirl SF climber Staff Member Safety & Support

Good morning everyone. The Café is open early today since I cannot fall back asleep.

I have work later today.

What are everyone's plans for the weekend?

2. cymbele

cymbele SF Supporter

Quiet weekend ahead. It is good that I have quiet time so that I can contemplate what to do about work. I am also meeting someone I contacted in the personal ads on Craigslist. We have talked on the phone some but will meet in a coffee shop. Worst case I get another friendship out of this. he is pretty funny and caring and likes a lot of the same stuff I do.
    Have a good day SF!

3. Freya

Freya Loves SF Staff Member ADMIN

Hello lovely café peeps! How is everyone today? I am so glad it is Friday - and I have four whole days of no work to chill out and get the house sorted out a bit (it is actually reasonably tidy/clean for once but I would like to keep on top of it and there is a bunch of stuff that needs to go to charity or the dump).

Just sent off for a quote to get my car put ship-shape - the poor thing has been in the wars over the past three years. It needs some love.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

4. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I hope whatever you are doing, that you are happy and safe. Take Care.

5. betteroffunknown

betteroffunknown Well-Known Member

Well, today is the big day I meet with my new therapist for the first time. I requested this specific therapist, and yet can't figure out why I'm dreading this so much. Maybe it'll go better than I could have expected. I leave in a little less than an hour for this appt.

Tomorrow morning I'm headed to my long time (33yrs to be exact) friends house. She lives about an hour and fifteen minutes away which is why we don't meet up as often as we used to. Apparently I'm a motivator to her. When I'm there we manage to get a lot of stuff done that otherwise she may put off, but in some respects I get her being like that although she's not always that way. The 2nd anniversary of her son (and only child) and daughter in law's passing are only a month away.

It's traumatic to lose two people so close to you, but the way in which she lost them made it even more so, and I just happened to be by her side as everything unfolded. So it's hard to tell how this visit is going to go, but she is looking forward to both me and my dog going down. My dog makes for a GREAT therapy dog. There are people who actually come to my place for some Star (my dog) therapy. I'm not sure if we're staying the night tomorrow, or just coming back tomorrow night. Normally when I've gone down I end up spending the night so we can work on something the next day, but we'll just play it by ear this time.

Well, hope you all have a lovely day and weekend!!

DrownedFishOnFire likes this.
  6. baywasp

baywasp The crappiest rugger

I know which teammate I want to talk to about my housing problem. I'm just really nervous to. I feel kind of sick. I know he wouldn't be able to offer me a place personally, but maybe he'd be concerned enough to help get me connected with someone who would. He's one of the people I feel cares about me the most on the team. Really, I don't want to burden him with this, but at the same time I really hope he shows up so I can talk to him. Practice is not for another 4 hours though. I could say something on Facebook; however, I think it'd be helpful to talk about it in person.

7. Rockclimbinggirl

@baywasp
    Good luck. In person sounds best I think.

8. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

Was reminded how fortunate I am to have a roof over my head, a working car and food in my belly. A random errand turned out to be a reminder for myself to slow down and look at how beautiful everyone is.

cymbele and betteroffunknown like this.
  9. betteroffunknown

betteroffunknown Well-Known Member

Well, I'm back from the appt with my new therapist, and it did go well. However, I didn't speak up about the reason I sought her services in the first place. I suppose we can cover that next week. This therapist surprised me so much due to the fact she actually went thru her packed schedule just to figure out a way (and a time) we could meet next week! She figured it out, so we're meeting next Wed afternoon. Guess you could also say I was surprised she wanted to meet with me again next week, but guess I really shouldn't be. Just not sure I'm ready for it to continue on the weekly track.

My new therapist also facilitates a group I had been going to, but stopped because I couldn't share there. It wasn't because of anyone in the group; it was strictly on me that I couldn't. I spent the time in our individual session explaining to her why it was that I couldn't share in group. Today she said they'd love to have me back at the group, so I went back to it today. It's been 2mon since I'd been, so I guess that's progress that I went back.

DrownedFishOnFire likes this.
  10. Brittless

Brittless Well-Known Member

Hello SF people.

I've been a little withdrawn lately. Can't really handle people problems on top of illness problems but I'm trekking through. I wish everyone a happy weekend, but if you're one of those people that are like "don't tell me how to live my life" then I take it back.

- Brittany

betteroffunknown likes this.
  11. souncide

souncide Well-Known Member

Been working more on my new album these past few days. I might finish it by Sunday.

12. Rockclimbinggirl

I forgot to mention that French Toast will be served all day. Burgers, fries, hot dogs and salads will also be available @Acy

13. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

It seems like I do nothing anymore but sleep. Need to become more productive and get myself out of this slump.

14. baywasp

I'd love some French toast. I'm going to the team pasta dinner tonight but I usually try to eat a small amount as someone who most definitely will not be playing the game tomorrow and also since I am definitely the shortest guy there (though there are some who are lighter since I'm pretty fat...) The guy I wanted to talk to didn't show up to practice, which I think was the case last week. But last week he showed up to the dinner, so maybe I can talk to him there. I could talk to the captain, but he's hosting the dinner and I'd feel bad. I had a perfect opportunity to talk to the third guy I'd probably be okay opening up to about it, who happens to be the club president, when we were walking to practice, but I wasn't sure if I'd see the first guy at practice since we were heading over pretty early. I almost cried at practice when I thought about what was going on with me.

The good news is my leg is mostly feeling a lot better, and I might be able to start doing more at practices next week.

15. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

@Rockclimbinggirl are you "putting on the dog" for me? :p See below.

From urbandictionary.com

put on the dog

Put on (the) dog is an expression that means ‘to make a display of wealth or importance, especially by dressing stylishly and flashily’. It’s similar in meaning to the later expression put on the ritz.
    "In preperation for the large party, Bill really 'put on the dog'.

16. baywasp

I talked to the captain at the dinner. We went out on the porch, and I somehow managed to stammer out what was bothering me. He seemed really concerned but told me he was glad I trusted him enough to open up to him. He said he'd talk to the president and see if they could find any solutions. I can't be too optimistic, but it's something.

I also ended up getting a migraine and being unable to eat any spaghetti, but the captain gave me a plate to go. I'll eat it tomorrow before the game.