Jim's Café - July 21

Discussion in 'Jim's Cafe' started by Rockclimbinggirl, Jul 21, 2016.

1. Rockclimbinggirl

Rockclimbinggirl SF climber Staff Member Safety & Support

Good morning everyone.

On the menu today is cereal with fresh strawberries.

Hope everyone has a good day. :)

2. baywasp

baywasp The crappiest rugger

I went to a restaurant that is similar to Pittsburgh's famous(?) Primanti Bros. (although they have restaurants in other places now too.) In case you don't know about Primanti Bros., they put French fries and coleslaw on their sandwiches, making them pretty big and messy. It was pretty good. I don't know whether it's as good as an actual Primanti Bros. sandwich because I haven't been there in a while. Soon I'll be able to. I guess now I'm going to start looking for housing on Craigslist again, but I'm still really nervous about that..

Brian777 and DrownedFishOnFire like this.
  3. SinisterKid

SinisterKid Safety & Support SF Supporter

Its been a very long day, but also a very good day. It always is when the little one is around. I just forget everything else and m whole focus is on her and her needs. The rest of the world really ceases to exist. There AJ, grandma and grandad and thats it, we are the universe. I just hate the crash that always comes once she has to go home. Its like reality comes back and kicks you right in the balls and the pain just wont stop.

4. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Ooh, all this talk of food is making me hungry. Had a fruit salad for lunch and that was good. It is way too hot here, 91 but feels like 95. It will be even hotter tomorrow. I wish @twowolves80 would stop ordering this hot weather. Not everyone can cope with it :p

5. twowolves80

twowolves80 Darkness Incarnate; don't even bother

This weather is great! No snow, no cold, no clothes...what's not to like? :p

6. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

The heat, damn you! The heat!! lol

7. twowolves80

twowolves80 Darkness Incarnate; don't even bother

Doesn't bother me. Now, if I had to wear clothes, maybe...but I'm nice and cool, and oh, is that a breeze I feel? Nice...lol

8. Mr Stewart

Mr Stewart Well-Known Member

good evening SF. Heat wave here in western Canada too. Not my kind of weather for sure. I melt.

today i learned not to leave my water bottle in a hot car for two days and then not clean it. drank from water bottle this morning, sick all day. won't be doing that again. :x

Brian777 likes this.
  9. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

Yeah one of reasons why I refuse to reuse or have a permanment bottles. Water in a cup, water fountain and gasp those disposable water bottles ofc I recyle them!

Feel better soon

Going in a heat wave tonight but don't know due to storm we just got if it helped cool off.

Brian777 likes this.
  10. Brian777

Brian777 Safety and Support Forum Pro SF Supporter

Hey there everyone, by some miracle I'm feeling this depression has lifted tonight, it's like someone turned on a light.
    Hopefully this stays for awhile, last few weeks have been dark.
    The hot humid weather is still here in Southern Canada, thunderstorms and rain make the streets steam. Did go to the park tonight and it was like a sauna, even Bella was glad to get back to the ac. Thanks everyone for all your encouragement and kindness, I've missed being on here. Take care my friends
    Brian