Jim's Café - Monday 20th June 2016

Discussion in 'Jim's Cafe' started by Butterfly, Jun 20, 2016.

1. Butterfly

Butterfly Pokémon Master Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

Good morning folks!

How are you all today?

I am a bit sleepy this morning as I have been taking extra meds to help with all the weirdness that I'm experiencing. Today is my first proper day on the job and I'm nervous all over again!!! I am waiting until I get to work before I have my first hot beverage of the day. Hope you're all okay!

2. na-taya

na-taya Well-Known Member

@Butterfly I hope that your day at work goes well for you!!

My days been good as I got my new washing machine delivered and got to spend all day in my pjs.

I hope that everyone else has good day, or even just a day if the battle is tough today. Do somthing nice for yourself today.
    Take it easy

3. baywasp

baywasp The crappiest rugger

Emotionally, I'm feeling a little weird, but I can't wait for the new week to begin! Every day, I should be further and further in my recovery and one day closer to my next adventures. Tuesday is my first follow-up appointment, and maybe I'll get at least some of my dressings off then. I really hope so, because that would be awesome.

4. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I'm down today but determined to live my life on a day by day basis.

5. SoTired

SoTired Well-Known Member

Wide awake and on a bus. Yay.

6. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Have many small chores to do today to make my evening at work easier. It will be EXTREMELY hot outside today and will storm tonight, so during the day, I'm planning/preparing indoor activities for tonight. I am consciously refusing to let the negative "ugh" in me take over the positive recognition of what I can manage today. And tonight, working with my charge who so much more challenged in life than I am will help me understand that things for me are actually not as dark as I sometimes feel they are. I always come away from my night of work grateful for the small mercies life affords me and pleased that in some way I was able to be there to make an evening better for someone else. :) No matter how Ugh I felt on the way to see her. :)

SoTired likes this.
  7. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

@Butterfly I hope it was a good first day, you're strong and have a good attitude, i'm sure you will be fine.

I hada visit to the dentist, my mouth is still numb but good news, i found out dental care is free for diabetics :) Feeling good today, no anxiety =)

8. Brian777

Brian777 Safety and Support Forum Pro SF Supporter

Hey everyone and happy summer solstice( I believe it's today) and coinciding with a full moon it should be magikal :)
    @Butterfly hope your first(real) day at work goes well and that you feel better
    @na-taya have fun with your new washer :)
    @baywasp hopefully you feel better and weird feelings leave
    @Unknown_111 hang in there my friend
    @SoTired don't miss your bus stop :)
    @Acy we must be getting the same weather system. Hot and humid and thunderstorms here too
    @Petal hope you're doing better Lynne and nice on the free dental care :)

baywasp and SoTired like this.
  9. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Thank you, but it's getting harder with the tormentors being nice for some reason but I don't trust them because I made a serious vow to the third party. They underlying hate I feel makes my throat dry and especially the constant behaviour analysis and continued indirect comments aimed to disturb my mental state.

Brian777 likes this.
  10. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Slow day again today. Think I will go back to bed, lol.