Jim's Café - Monday 22nd August

Discussion in 'Jim's Cafe' started by Rockclimbinggirl, Aug 22, 2016.

1. Rockclimbinggirl

Rockclimbinggirl SF climber Staff Member Safety & Support

Good morning everyone.

I just went to a bakery with my mental health worker. Yum. I had a blondie bar.

I have group later today and I am hoping to go rock climbing.

Hope everyone has a good day. :)

Brian777 likes this.
  2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Good afternoon kate, glad to see you so cheery today! What is a blonie bar may I ask?

Good luck with your group hun and lt us know how it goes. Have fun rock climbing :)

Wishing you an awesome day and everyone a fun filled day xx

Brian777 likes this.
  3. Rockclimbinggirl

@Petal Lynn it was a bar with chocolate chips. Sort of like a brownie except yellow hence blondie.

4. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

Around here blondies are just brownies minus the cocoa. If chocolate chips are added its called a chocolate chip blondie like describing what is in cookies

@Petal. And @Rockclimbinggirl

Brian777 likes this.
  5. Kid B

Kid B Well-Known Member

Finally decided to get a microwave oven (and a new kettle at the same time) although I will only really use the microwave for reheating and defrosting. I think that ready meals are a slippery slope and I like fresh meat, vegetables and fruit.

So when I got back in a taxi and unboxed everything, there was no instruction booklet whatsoever for the oven, but it looks lovely and has a list of foods where CURRY is listed first so, that's the oven for me then, wait there, I'll take a picture...

[​IMG]

Ah now look, there's everything I need INSIDE and there's a moral to this story as I go on to describe what I thought was a kettle conspiracy!

So I unpacked the kettle and filled it with water first but then found that there was no base OR lead and plug inside the box.

So I phoned Argos endured the most ridiculous frustrating and time-consuming automated 'service' you could ever imagine before you could finally make contact with a humanoid, oh sorry about that, just bring it back to the store and they will replace it said the man whose voice was not too dissimilar to the narrator on Big Brother (and no, I would never watch that).

So imagine my surprise when at the end of the call I empty the kettle only for the plug and the base (wrapped in protective material thankfully) fell out into the sink!

How had I not noticed there was something inside the kettle when I filled it? :eek:

Anyway the oven looks great doesn't it - I don't think it will have much of a life but it will no doubt be able to reheat half-eaten curries provided they are not pork or prawn dishes.

DrownedFishOnFire and Brian777 like this.
  6. Brian777

Brian777 Safety and Support Forum Pro SF Supporter

Hey everyone, hope you're all having a great day
    @Kid B that is a great looking oven!!! I'm sure you'll get a lot of good meals out of that :)
    Well, I haven't moved much yet, still sitting here drinking tea :) cup number 4 I think.
    Later going to a meeting in another town, I'll take Bella cause it's cooler today and she likes to sleep in the Jeep while I'm gone. The high today is only in the mid 70's that's cooler than the last month of 90's.
    Hugs to everyone
    Brian

7. baywasp

baywasp The crappiest rugger

My phone call went well. I'm checking out the place tomorrow evening (pretty much as a formality because I was basically ready to take the place after hearing about it). I'm trying to set up a visit to another place in case this one falls through. Today I've just been watching Youtube videos.

8. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

I went shopping today and got some goodies. Not too much else going on right now.

9. Rockclimbinggirl

@DrownedFishOnFire
    It was a chocolate chip blondie bar. :)

Group went well. It was nice hearing about pleasant events that others did. :D

DrownedFishOnFire likes this.
  10. SinisterKid

SinisterKid Safety & Support SF Supporter

Its official, my dealy beloved MiL has finally lost the plot completely. She is moving, no she's not, errr yes she is, no she aint, is......not....is.....not. Its been like this for 2 weeks now and today, when we thought we had finally got a decision made, she goes and changes her mind yet again. Arrrrgggggghhhhhhhh.

Coffee, black, with 3 sugars [so freakin what] and a very large measure of anything that is more than 40% proof please. I think I have earnt it.

Its funny, the Memory Clinic is right next door to my group theraapy. We might end up in the same place if this continues for much longer.

DrownedFishOnFire likes this.
  11. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

Work is sucking more and more the time goes into the shift but there is a light at the end of the tunnel and a slice of cake with my name on it. Whoo only 4.75 more hours to gooo. Into this shift before I zoom into freedom til tomorrow lol

12. Rockclimbinggirl

@Petal
    I went rock climbing. :D

Enjoying a mango smoothie as a treat :)

13. baywasp

baywasp The crappiest rugger

Looks like I'm going to 2 places tomorrow. One's in the morning and the other's in the evening, so I'll just stay in the city all day I guess. I want to go to bed so I can make sure I'm awake enough to go to my first place at 10 am, but my phone needs to be charged (I don't trust the alarm clock they have in this room; I've never used it.)

In other news, housekeeping finally came back to my room after many days, so the trash that I had piling up that didn't all fit in the trash can got taken care of. My motel room is somewhat less depressing now. Maybe I'll be out of here soon.