Jim's Café - Monday September 19th

Discussion in 'Jim's Cafe' started by Rockclimbinggirl, Sep 19, 2016.

1. Rockclimbinggirl

Rockclimbinggirl SF climber Staff Member Safety & Support

Good morning everyone :)

Food will be made by the next person who answers this thread. :p

I am rather tired this morning but I still have a busy day ahead of me.

Petal and DrownedFishOnFire like this.
  2. emily83

emily83 Well-Known Member

no sleep yesterday, again.

today new cd i ordered arived- so will listen to that

it's a miracle my sterrio works after an electronic fault over the weekend made it un responsive

not much else.. just cook something for dinner later on.

(I believe i'm having chicken burgers actually, yay!)

DrownedFishOnFire likes this.
  3. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

@emily83 you're going to leave us hanging til chicken burgers for dinner? Lol

I'm having cream of chicken soup with wild rice and cornbread for lunch everyone else there's a plenty left in the pot. Its a soup bar, fruit bar and salad bar for everyone today. All kinds of beverages too.

Cheers

4. Freya

Freya Loves SF Staff Member ADMIN

Hello there café peeps! Cream of chicken soup with wild rice sounds good. Never had corn bread but willing to give it a go!

Home for the day now - trying to mentally prepare for what I anticipate to be an intense day tomorrow. Trying to think positive about it all. **thinks happy thoughts**

5. Rockclimbinggirl

Rockclimbinggirl SF climber Staff Member Safety & Support

6. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Good evening cafe folks, been to the dentist, I got mad at him....long story. But anyway who said chicken burgers? yummy thanks ;)

7. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

Going to give chicken stir fry a go with orange ginger sauce and jasmine rice for dinner. Praying it works!

8. Mr Stewart

Mr Stewart Well-Known Member

good afternoon sf,

Just cancelled my appointment with new pdoc. My GP doc referred me to him and i've been going back and forth about whether i want to go through with seeing yet another psychiatrist. GP just put in the referral because i was complaining that my meds weren't working as well as they used to. Otherwise i'm doing just fine and don't want to talk to a psychiatrist again. Also this guy (pdoc) has terrible reviews on webmd. So that's the end of that. GP will probably chew me out next appointment but otherwise will be no trouble.

Let's see. Supper today will probably be fried eggs and sausage. I love breakfast foods at all hours of the day. :)

9. cymbele

cymbele SF Supporter

Started new job today. I don't know but my initial gut reaction is that I made a mistake accepting this job. Still the money is ok and the genreal feeling at this place is little stress as opposed to the great stress that my old job had. We'll see.
    Supper is mac n cheese with sausage.

10. baywasp

baywasp The crappiest rugger

Today has been crap. I woke up a little later than I wanted and just missed the bus. I was on the other side of the street and couldn't get to it because of traffic. I'm usually way early to school, but because I had to wait an hour for the next bus, I ended up at least 10 minutes late to class. Plus I'm trying to get ahold of my counselor, but we keep missing each other. I thought maybe things would go better at practice, but no. Think I pulled a muscle or something. It was during warmups, not even anything hard. I was trying to chase after the ball when I had failed to catch it. I heard a kind of weird noise and suddenly my calf was killing me. I tried to walk it off, but that didn't work. So I spent most of practice stretching it against a wall until people who had to leave early for class left and gave me a ride.

I feel really bad. I was so excited to come in and give it my all, but I barely did anything today. I was worried that people would think I was pathetic even though one of the guys who's always been really nice to me reassured me they wouldn't. I'm still limping. Hopefully the pain goes away in time for our next practice on Wednesday.