Jim's Café - Monday September 26

Discussion in 'Jim's Cafe' started by Rockclimbinggirl, Sep 26, 2016.

1. Rockclimbinggirl

Rockclimbinggirl SF climber Staff Member Safety & Support

Good morning everyone. I hope you all had a chance to relax over the weekend.

@Freya What will we be serving today?
  2. baywasp

baywasp The crappiest rugger

I survived my night outside. They made me leave the side of the gas station when they locked the side doors at about 9. I didn't know where to go so I just dragged my stuff to the unused bus shelter along the side of the road and hid behind it. I couldn't really sleep but I lay there for a long time. It was pretty chilly out, even though I was was wearing two hoodies. Nobody bothered me all night. I'm not sure if they could see me or not. I tried to stay as still as possible, which was hard since I was shivering. The most annoying part was knocking all the bugs off my bags this morning. Guess I need to at some point call the number to see if I can get connected to a shelter. Unless my friends come through for me.
  3. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Good morning! I woke up "late" for someone who went to bed early last night. @Freya, is that really kippers on toast I smell? Ah...that stirs up memories of Dear Old Dad! :)

@Rockclimbinggirl, I hope you also relaxed over the weekend.

@baywasp, oh, dear - a night outside as the weather is getting cooler. I hope your friends can help you and/or you connect with a shelter.

It is supposed to be a quiet sort of day for me. We'll see...? Wishing everyone a happy day!
    baywasp likes this.
  4. betteroffunknown

betteroffunknown Well-Known Member

@bywasp I'm really sorry you had to experience that. I hope the options coming flooding in for you!!!

Today is expected to be a fairly mellow day. Do have an appt with a friend at 10am (little over an hour), and then will likely take my dog on a nice long walk and maybe even take a nap. I also need to start writing a letter for my little guy, and get to cleaning my place up. I plan to work on both of those gradually throughout the week. Yesterday I got a plant re-potted that a friend gave me on Sat.

Plus I learned a little trick from another friend who's a plant whiz. She recommended that I put either mayo, olive oil or coconut oil on the leaves of my plants. They help keep them shiny, and they help repel dust (which makes it harder for the leaves to breath). So I spent a lot of time yesterday putting coconut oil on all the leaves, so I feel I can finally get to cleaning up the rest of my place now.

Guess that's it for the educational tips for the day. lol Hope ya'll have a good and productive day!! :)
    baywasp likes this.
  5. baywasp

My second class of the day is canceled and so is rugby practice. Happy about the first and sad about the second. I wanna see everyone and maybe get a chance to talk to one of the 3 people who know what's going on with me. I just want them to tell me it's going to be okay or something like that. A hug would be nice too, but I doubt that'd happen.

I'll probably post again later if I find something out.
  6. Brian777

Brian777 Safety and Support Forum Pro SF Supporter

@baywasp im so sorry you're in this position, the world can be an unfair place. I hope that your friends are able to help you. Did you have any luck with the phone number you were to call?
    Sending hugs :(
    baywasp likes this.
  7. Brian777

Hello everyone, it's a chilly rainy Fall day in southern Ontario. Nothing planned until this evening and that I'm not to excited about. Not in a very up mood today, hope everyone finds something to get them through whatever they're facing.
    Bless you all
  8. Kid B

Kid B Well-Known Member

Thanks to Freya and her instructions folk may be pleased or not to know I am back on SF full term again. :p

Did laundry, early bath, got one of those supermarket meals for two, chicken jalfrezi, chicken tikka masala, pilau rice and naan bread - wasn't sure how to heat the naan bread so put them in the oven for two minutes. :eek:

Has turned out fine and football later - commentary on the radio.
  9. baywasp

I got on some shelter waiting lists, but I don't know how long they are. i really don't wanna spend one more night on the streets. One was horrible enough.
  10. Brian777

I can't imagine what you're going through, with everything else it must be overwhelming. I do hope someone nearby can help you.
    baywasp likes this.
  11. baywasp

My school counselor got me a hotel room downtown until Saturday, so I don't have to worry about being on the streets for a bit. It's a pretty nice place. I'm still waiting for her to do the credit card authorization, so I haven't seen the room yet, but it's nearly 3x the price of the motel where I was staying before. I feel kind of bad. I discouraged her from doing it, but I'm glad to have a place to stay.

I went to the gym with some of the guys. I was too tired from my sleepless night to be very productive, but I got to talk to the first guy I'd planned on telling about my problem. He was very sympathetic, as expected, and even went and talked to student affairs for me. I wanted to unload more on him but realized that wouldn't be fair of me, so I held my tongue at least somewhat.
    betteroffunknown and Brian777 like this.
  12. Rockclimbinggirl

Glad to hear you have somewhere safe to be. Are there community resources that might be able to help you with housing? Like social services?
    baywasp likes this.
  13. baywasp

I'm not sure. There probably are, I'm just having trouble keeping track of all the different resources.
  14. Rockclimbinggirl

I wonder if there is a social worker through the community that you can ask or connect with?
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2016
    baywasp likes this.
  15. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

I had a really good day. I will make a separate post about it.
  16. Inanimate

Inanimate Well-Known Member

Two weeks from now, I'm scheduled for 3, 2 hour driving lessons. It kind of happened on a whim, but I'm excited because my father isn't a good instructor, lol. Also, leg day decimated me. I'm exercising efficiently at least, but stepping up my cardio couldn't hurt. ╥﹏╥
    Brian777 likes this.