Jim's Café - Saturday 18th June 2016

Discussion in 'Jim's Cafe' started by Butterfly, Jun 18, 2016.

1. Butterfly

Butterfly Pokémon Master Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

Good day folks!

I am a little late with starting the café this morning as I am off work and I had a lay in plus I have done a few jobs this morning. I hope you can all forgive me haha!

I haven't got much planned for today. Mainly dossing around and playing the sims more than likely. My 3rd generation sims had a baby last night, so I am now starting my 4th generation which is exciting! She had a baby boy! I think I am now gonna concentrate on some of the other 3rd generation sims to see where they get in their sim lives and have babies!!!

It's okay, you can say it. I am a sadass and a geek!!!

betteroffunknown likes this.
  2. texaskitty

texaskitty SF Cat Lady Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Good morning (or whatever it is for you). Its 7:07 am here, I was up at 3 am I think then went back to bed. Not sure what I am going to do today. There are pesky household chores...

Think I'll spend some of this morning at the cafe then the library. Can park and walk to either.

I have a return to Walmart but not on a weekend lol.

Have a good day folks!

3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Good morning, nothing wrong with being a geek. I've just finished cleaning the pub, exhausted now. I was supposed to meet up with a friend but just didnt feel like it, very tired, from what i dont know lol but my legs hurt. I hope to get back to dieting, but i've started a new plan but i won't share as i know its extreme and ye won't approve lol.

4. na-taya

na-taya Well-Known Member

Hi all!

Saturday night for me.....
    Busy day babysitting. But now have two days off...I planned to get into my pjs and not get out of them till Tuesday when I start all over again.
    BUT....
    My washing machine broke.....so now tomorrow is washing machine shopping. Blaaah......

Hope everyone has a good day/night.
    Take it easy!

5. Rockclimbinggirl

Rockclimbinggirl SF climber Staff Member Safety & Support

Morning all.
    Nice and sunny here.

6. Butterfly

@texaskitty Café and the library sounds good! Hope you have fun!

@Petal Extreme diets help you lose the weight quickly, but it's not healthy and it makes it difficult to maintain your weight.

@na-taya Days off and pj's sound great!! Ughhh it sucks when your washing machine breaks. We've just ordered a new dryer which is coming tomorrow because it was so noisy and basically had it.

@Rockclimbinggirl Sunny days are nice. Hope you enjoy the weather!

I haven't played the sims yet, but I have started a new game of Ni No Kuni. I love that game, it's so pretty and tugs at the heart strings a little in places.

7. souncide

souncide Well-Known Member

Not feeling that good, especially after cancelling 2 different projects at once. At least I still have one to keep my mind busy.

8. baywasp

baywasp The crappiest rugger

I went and picked up my medications today, had a little brunch, and got some snacks. I even found a kind of cookie (well, they're British, so I guess I should call them biscuits) I haven't had in forever since they're hard to find in the US-- McVitie's Penguins. That was less exhausting than I expected even though it's a little warm out.

9. SillyOldBear

SillyOldBear Teddy Bear Fanatic Staff Member Safety & Support

Hope to stay home ALL weekend. So relaxing that way.

10. betteroffunknown

betteroffunknown Well-Known Member

Ran a couple errands this morning, then took my dog for a brief walk since it's soo blooming hot out. Now just chillin', but need to get motivated to clean soon. Thankfully my place isn't too bad, but I'm terribly thorough when I do it, so it's a lot of work. Friend is picking me up later to take me to the store to get a couple cases of bottled water. Will likely take my dog on one more brief walk as the sun goes down, too. So guess all in all it's kinda been a productive day.

11. Butterfly

@souncide I'm sorry you aren't doing too well today. I hope you feel better soon.

@baywasp I've not had Penguins in forever but they are common here in the UK. So tasty. Hope you are healing well from your surgery.

@SillyOldBear I hope you have a relaxing weekend!

@betteroffunknown Your day definitely sounds more productive than mine. I have been gaming all day to channel my thoughts into my game so I don't hear voices. How hot has it been today?

souncide and baywasp like this.
  12. Inanimate

Inanimate Well-Known Member

Today was also a better day. Slept for 9-10 hours and woke up close to noon. Had a counseling appointment, and it went well; I didn't feel like crying afterwards like I usually do. I went to the gym right after and had a good workout. Now I can relax and soon watch UFC.

13. cymbele

cymbele SF Supporter

Back from holiday from London. Sad that now I am back to being alone but not friendless - not here at rate. Cats are still ignoring me their way of showing their disapproval at my leaving them for longer than a day. Nobody will see this post as it is the end of June 18th for the world.

14. SillyOldBear

SillyOldBear Teddy Bear Fanatic Staff Member Safety & Support

@Butterfly Hope your gaming worked. I can only imagine what hearing voices would be like. A total nightmare!

15. betteroffunknown

betteroffunknown Well-Known Member

Well, that sounds pretty productive if you ask me. That's no small task!!! So wtg at working so hard to manage it!!!

It reached 95f today, and tomorrow is supposed to be even closer to 100. I got everything done I had planned to for today, and even managed to get a couple extra things done, too. Got my patio hosed off this evening. A very gracious neighbor allowed me to use their hose to do it. That was an unplanned activity, but it felt really good to get it done. I haven't been able to do that since I moved in here. This is my 3rd summer in this place.

I also did the extra task of washing my couch cushion covers, too. Think my next task is to clean the burner trays on the stove. In Dec when some friends watched my dog while I was at a residential treatment place they made a mess of them. I've been here going on 3yrs, and have never made a mess of them - not like this anyways. They even burned something onto one of them. SOS pads here I come!!

Hope you have a good Sunday!!

16. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Didn't do much today. Ate grilled food and tried to stay cool, since it was 90. Thankfully my uncle has AC. I will hate being home tomorrow without it, lol.