Jim's Café - Sunday October 16th

Discussion in 'Jim's Cafe' started by Rockclimbinggirl, Oct 16, 2016.

1. Rockclimbinggirl

Rockclimbinggirl SF climber Staff Member Safety & Support

Wow it is already mid October. Time flies.

So today we will be holding a Halloween costume making workshop. So please tell us what you plan to dress up as.

I think I will be a princess :)

@Freya will you be a book character

2. Freya

Freya Loves SF Staff Member ADMIN

I have a little red riding hood cape that I sewed a bunch of years ago - used it any time school made the teachers dress up for world book day. I am not a fan of costumes. I will volunteer to do scary face paint/makeup for anyone who wants it though!

calvinandhobbs and Brian777 like this.
  3. baywasp

baywasp The crappiest rugger

I am not a big costume person either, but I did enjoy them as a kid. My favorite was when I went as R2-D2 using some sort of laundry basket covered in blue tape. My mom, sister (who I believe went as Queen Amidala that year), and my neighbor all helped with the costume. That was cool. But Halloween has really lost its luster for me. I think some of it is just I can never think of a cool costume. Plus Halloween or sometime near it often ends up being a really rough day for me, for some reason. I think the trend has reversed in recent years, but I still think of it in those terms.

So my answer is I don't know what I'll be dressing up as. I suck at this.

4. Brittless

Brittless Well-Known Member

Hello all.

I bought these black lace bunny ears, so will be some type of wicked evil bunny for Halloween? I actually find it fun. It actually feels like Autumn today in drought ridden California. I am most happy today. Is it weird that cloudy weather brightens my mood? :)

Take care all & Happy Fall.

5. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Hmm, I think this year I will be a dark fairy. Today I have an 8 hour work day, so excited...not :p Luckily I only work part time the rest of the week.

calvinandhobbs and Brian777 like this.
  6. Brian777

Brian777 Safety and Support Forum Pro SF Supporter

Hey everyone, as a kid I always dressed as a pirate lol so I'll be dressed as Captain Jack Sparrow of the Black Pearl.
    October has sped past and the nights are coming sooner, Fall has fell in southern Ontario Canada :) cool with rain today.
    Have a great Sunday everyone

calvinandhobbs and Brittless like this.
  7. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Time to feel the darkness and play disco lights....

calvinandhobbs likes this.
  8. calvinandhobbs

calvinandhobbs Well-Known Member

It's evening in the west , had soup for supper heading back to bed. I don't do Halloween anymore . Or any holiday for that fact . Hope you have a nice evening.

Unknown_111 likes this.