Jim's Café - Thursday, Oct. 6th

Discussion in 'Jim's Cafe' started by Rockclimbinggirl, Oct 6, 2016.

1. Rockclimbinggirl

Rockclimbinggirl SF climber Staff Member Safety & Support

Good morning everyone :)

I slept in this morning :p

@Petal what will we be serving
    @Freya Why is the tea cold :p

I am doing my laundry and then class later today.
  2. baywasp

baywasp The crappiest rugger

Had practice this morning. Left the house at 5:53 or so this morning, hoping to reach the field by about 7:00 am or a little afterwards. Didn't get there until it was close to 7:30, which is when the practice starts. I'm unfamiliar with that commute. I didn't sit out of anything today, so I'm kind of proud of myself, plus everyone was telling me what a good job I was doing when I was persevering at the running drills even though I wasn't even close to keeping up with everyone else and was out of breath. I got kinda muddy today because we were practicing hitting with pads and going down. But I've now taken a nice shower and am ready for the rest of my day. I have a club meeting at 2:30 and a class at 6.
  3. mgo

mgo Member

just realized i posted in the wrong day…so here it is again

Sitting at my desk contemplating doing homework or not…I really just don't feel like it and I feel like just quitting grad school to be honest. I feel like I could settle with my undergraduate degree….but if i do that then i will be so upset at myself. i have had so much trouble concentrating lately, so i have a doctor's appointment tomorrow afternoon. but i hate taking pills and i have a feeling she will just prescribe something. i already hate taking my medicine now and only do because i promised my husband i would take them everyday. just need some motivation today, because i really just want to go home and sleep.
    DrownedFishOnFire likes this.
  4. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

The first day of training went well. I feel at ease there. Today I have to make calls, so that makes me nervous, but I will have to get past that somehow.
    souncide and DrownedFishOnFire like this.
  5. baywasp

baywasp The crappiest rugger

Had a better evening than expected. I was starting to feel really panicky and weird, so I had to leave my class, and I walked past the plaza where some of my teammates tend to congregate, not expecting to see anybody because it was getting dark. 3 of my teammates (2 of whom I have found myself hanging out with often and really enjoying it) were there, plus this girl I didn't know. We just chilled there and talked for a bit, and then we went to watch the volleyball game in the student center. I had a lot of fun and my anxiety went away, at least for the span of time where I was hanging out with my friends.
  6. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

Congrats @Witty_Sarcasm

Thinkin of the Hurricane and wishing everyone affected safe thoughts.

Did errands and finally found something I am happy with to cat proof my plants for once and all. Weird assortment of clear vases I might convert two into fish tank