Jim's Café - Thursday, October 13th

Discussion in 'Jim's Cafe' started by Rockclimbinggirl, Oct 13, 2016.

1. Rockclimbinggirl

Rockclimbinggirl SF climber Staff Member Safety & Support

Good morning/afternoon/evening Café peeps :)

I am tired after rock climbing yesterday so I hope @Freya has made the tea.

@Witty_Sarcasm I hope the job is going well.

@baywasp Happy studying and hope you are enjoying rugby.

It is cloudy here today. I have class later on today and I should do laundry too.

@Petal @na-taya @Acy @SillyOldBear
    What are you all up to?
    Witty_Sarcasm and baywasp like this.
  2. Freya

Freya Loves SF Staff Member ADMIN

I am trying to buy a table top freezer - apparently this is not the kind of thing you can just go out and buy these days. It is the kind of thing you have to get delivered. Annoying!

Hope everyone is having a lovely day.
  3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Good afternoon, somewhat anxious today, not sure why. I'm too anxious to go outside hopefully that will pass soon. God, I hate this place and even more so my own fucking mind.

Anyway I hope the rest of you are having a better day (hugs)
  4. na-taya

na-taya Well-Known Member

Wow I was shocked to see you thinking of me.....so thank you @Rockclimbinggirl

I am very stressed very tired and exhausted head off on a trip home to see my pop off:( plus home means family so not good.

Hope all is well everyone
    Take care xx
  5. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Good morning!

Have been busy doing stuff just for me the last couple of days. Have finally been able to step away from some previous major commitments for a little bit. So...I walked in the park yesterday - fed chickadees, grey, red, and black squirrels, and chipmunks, and watched nuthatches, mourning doves, and blue jays. I came home from my walk and baked ginger cookies for book club. Went to book club and learned that many people read much more deeply than I do (lol!). When I came home, I dawdled before bed and got lost watching the US election news coverage (again).

I have had my coffee this a.m., called my credit card company for clarification on a bill - no worries...yay! And this afternoon, I have to prepare an audio-visual presentation (I'm adding the pictures to match someone else's words). Tomorrow will be another good day - off with a friend to see an art exhibit at the museum.

For some reason, I'm tired today. I think I woke up in the middle of a sleep cycle and it's thrown me off. I'll survive. A good night's sleep tonight should do the trick!

Please have some ginger cookies. I put the tin on the counter. They are spicy ginger cookies, but still sweet. I hope you enjoy! *group hug*
  6. baywasp

baywasp The crappiest rugger

I'm feeling kind of down, so I went for a long walk. It didn't help much. I just wanna talk to someone. I've seen at least 7 of my teammates walking past today at varying times, but the most I've gotten was a wave or a nod or a "What's up?" and I don't feel like I can be honest with them about how I'm doing anyway. I don't want to burden them.

I have a midterm tonight. I hope I do well and finish fast enough to be able to catch all of the Capitals-Penguins game. I don't know whether we have any lecture after the test or not. We better not.
  7. Petal

Doing much better than earlier today, I forced myself to go out, just to the shop but still, a success :)
    Unknown_111 likes this.
  8. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Brave of YOU. Well done. :) :)
    Petal likes this.
  9. baywasp

OMG GUYS this friend I have from Twitter might have an extra ticket to the hockey game tonight, and if he does, he's offering it to me! I just have to zoom through my midterm so I can get there in time. Not sure if it'll work out, but it still feels nice to be thought of. I am a fast test-taker...
    Witty_Sarcasm likes this.
  10. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

The job is indeed going well :) I hope I can call farmers again because I have the most success with them. This week is going by quickly, only 2 more days until my one day off.
  11. Petal

Thank you so much, just forced myself to go out again because I know what could happen if I don't. (hugs)
  12. baywasp

I finished my midterm in 15 minutes, but it's been over an hour since I messaged the guy and he hasn't gotten back to me. Looks like this isn't happening :(
  13. SillyOldBear

SillyOldBear Teddy Bear Fanatic Staff Member Safety & Support

I am just preparing for some lousy weather.