Jim's Café - Thursday September 22

Discussion in 'Jim's Cafe' started by Rockclimbinggirl, Sep 22, 2016.

1. Rockclimbinggirl

Rockclimbinggirl SF climber Staff Member Safety & Support

Good afternoon everyone.

Sorry for the late start, I was busy today.

@Freya, Have you made tea yet?
  2. Freya

Freya Loves SF Staff Member ADMIN

Of course I have made tea! Lots of tea. Tea for everyone! And Danishes - all kinds. Yum.

How is everyone today? It is late - maybe everyone is having a super interesting busy day? What has everyone been doing today? :)
    betteroffunknown likes this.
  3. Rockclimbinggirl

I did laundry, grocery shopping, saw my psychiatrist. Now I have class. I'm also considering going to a club event tonight.

Yum danishes :)
    betteroffunknown likes this.
  4. baywasp

baywasp The crappiest rugger

I'm broke. My bank account is in the negatives. I've only paid up for my motel til Sunday, then I'll be out on the streets I guess, or in a shelter if I'm lucky. Can't really afford food either. Don't know how to get food stamps without having a mailing address. My counselor has been unreachable lately. I would like to call the number I was given that provides help to homeless people as soon as possible but can't right now since my phone is dead and my charger is in the motel room. (I can call it later, but it would be comforting to call now.) Maybe one of my teammates would be able to help me out with a couch short-term or something, but I would hate to ask for that. I would love to just be able to casually bring it up to one of the 2-3 guys I feel more comfortable talking to and hope they'd think it was worth bringing it up to someone, but I probably won't have the opportunity. I knew this was coming, but I'm pretty much in shock right now. I wish I had someone in real life to talk to about this. I'm so scared.
  5. Rockclimbinggirl

@baywasp Talking to teammates sounds like a good idea.
    baywasp likes this.
  6. Brian777

Brian777 Safety and Support Forum Pro SF Supporter

Hello everyone, got a late start today......but in retrospect, how does one have a late start to do nothing
    @baywasp I'm so sorry to hear this, hopefully you can get assistance either from your team mates or the government.
    I dont know why people can't get food stamps without an address, kind of a redundant rule people who most need them are usually without one. Wish this world was a kinder place and I wish I could help you. Nobody should be without food and shelter. Sending good thoughts that everything will turn out for you.
    betteroffunknown and baywasp like this.
  7. baywasp

baywasp The crappiest rugger

There might be a way for me to get them. I don't know. San Francisco had an address for homeless people to get mail. Maybe I can find out if Pittsburgh has one if I go in to the office. I was hoping to apply online since that's way easier, but there was no way to avoid the address field.
    Brian777 likes this.
  8. betteroffunknown

betteroffunknown Well-Known Member

Well, today has been somewhat productive so far. Went and got my daily soda (it gets me out of the house if nothing else does so I don't isolate). Took my dog, Star, with me since a friend offered me the use of their mini van. My dog sure is enjoying the rides. :)

Then I went to return my daughter's things to her that she left at my place when she was watching Star. (I had been at a residential treatment place for a month while starting a new med. Pdoc felt more comfortable with my being there, and I didn't argue that it was probably a good idea.) She lent me some movies she thought I'd enjoy. I haven't seen most of them, but there are a couple I have. She loaned me about 10 movies.

While I was there I had to say hi to my son, too. He was sleeping, and being the good mom I am, of course, I had to wake him up. ;) Once he learned I had the use of my friends van he asked if I could run him on a couple errands, so I did. While we were out I asked him if he would be able to help me get a pair of tennis shoes. I can't afford some till Nov, and I was just hoping for a cheap pair to get me by till then. I accidentally tore my other ones yesterday when I was trying to step on my dogs leash so she didn't run off. He was ever so kind to help, so now I have a new pair of shoes. :)

I have to call into a meeting here shortly. I was going to go in person, but with all the errands I ran with my son I couldn't have left in time to actually go, so thankfully attending by phone is an option.

Other than that the rest of the day 'should' be uneventful. Tomorrow is going to be a big day, though. Am meeting with my new therapist for the first time. I got her cuz I want to do EMDR treatment for my PTSD, and she's one of only two at those offices whose trained in that. Then I'm supposed to go to a group that she facilitates after our individual session. It's gonna be a loooong morning.

DrownedFishOnFire and Brian777 like this.
  9. cymbele

cymbele SF Supporter

I'm getting convinced that taking this new job was a mistake. They want me to design a micro-computer without a digital engineer which I am not. I don't know how to go back to the old one. It's been barely one week and feels like a half year. On the other hand, tonight is woodworking so I might be happy when it is time for bed.
  10. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Ugh, I was afraid to sleep last night because I heard plastic bags rattling in the living room. Sure enough, there was evidence of a mouse or maybe mice being around. I don't want them coming into my room and I am freaked now.
  11. calvinandhobbs

calvinandhobbs Well-Known Member

Each of you had such interesting days. I'm sorry for the bad crap and do wish I could wave a magic wand.
  12. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

I got pissed off when it was the cat who stared at the mice letting us know it was the start of the problem. Mice were smart enuff to travel thru cabinets and stove bottom avoiding us seeing them

Fast forward no more mice after finding the opening in the basement